Surefire Z3 question?

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
I just received a used Z3 and want to know if all the pieces are correct. It has a Lexan lensed anti-roll bezel and a lock-out tail cap. The tail cap has no markings (i.e. 6, 9, 12z lights) to indicate the model and is a surefire.com version. The serial number has an A prefix and the number is just over 10K. Does this light sound completely original?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, Z3s are not vintage, they replaced 9Zs, and we're an early part of the newer gen models. They were just killed off sooner than the Z2.

LE6920

Newly Enlightened
I just received a used Z3 and want to know if all the pieces are correct. It has a Lexan lensed anti-roll bezel and a lock-out tail cap. The tail cap has no markings (i.e. 6, 9, 12z lights) to indicate the model and is a surefire.com version. The serial number has an A prefix and the number is just over 10K. Does this light sound completely original?

Yes, sounds good.

There are early Z3 models with the "Laser Products" non-www. style tailcaps, and crosshair logo. The later ones tend to have the www. syle tailcap and newer anti roll bezel. Some older ones did have the anti-roll bezel with the pop in lens too.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Z3's I've seen that I know were completely original are the ones with the Surefire.com tailcap and pop-in lense with anti-roll bezel. Not saying the other types aren't original, but I've never seen Z3's with Laser Products tailcaps though there are probably some very early ones like that while they were still transitioning from the 9Z.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Z3's I've seen that I know were completely original are the ones with the Surefire.com tailcap and pop-in lense with anti-roll bezel. Not saying the other types aren't original, but I've never seen Z3's with Laser Products tailcaps though there are probably some very early ones like that while they were still transitioning from the 9Z.

I have this one coming. I would think it would have the Laser Products tailcap but not sure yet. It has the anti-roll bezel with no hot warning.
I will let you all know when I get it.
z3.jpg

cheers

CLBME

Enlightened
Hello Rat- A great light you have coming. Was this bought on Ebay recently? I've been watching the seller's auctions and saw a beautiful cross-hairs just like this one. I haven't seen another cross-hairs model before.

I have this one coming. I would think it would have the Laser Products tailcap but not sure yet. It has the anti-roll bezel with no hot warning.
I will let you all know when I get it.
z3.jpg

cheers

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two that fit that description.