Is there a flashlight season?

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Like fishing season, hunting season or any other season is there a flashlight season for you?

In the spring I may get fishing fever and it seems this time of year when it starts getting darker earlier everyday I get flashlight fever.

I love flashlight season. :)

Do you get more of a urge to buy flashlights during certain times of the year?

kuksul08

Enlightened
Definitely, the winter months. During summer everything goes in a box and I forget about it. Come next winter I have to research all the new LED technology :)

JacobJones

Enlightened
What beamhead said, it's always flashlight season. I think my favourite time for torches though is summer, when I can go and test them in the dark with out freezing my ******** off. But I like to test them at colder times of year aswell to see the beam cutting through the mist like a laser.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say spring and fall moreso than winter or summer. It's just too cold in winter and in summer it doesn't dark until near 9-9:30pm at night. The summer/fall when it gets dark around 6-7pm makes great time to evening flashlighting outdoors.

Of course indoors 24/7/365.25 is always a good time to. ;)

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I would say spring and fall moreso than winter or summer. It's just too cold in winter and in summer it doesn't dark until near 9-9:30pm at night. The summer/fall when it gets dark around 6-7pm makes great time to evening flashlighting outdoors.

Of course indoors 24/7/365.25 is always a good time to. ;)

Fall is my favorite. Me and my son go out to the the farm and shine away, I think I'm turning him into a flashaholic. BTW seen you on here before, love the name probably my all time favorite band.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
January first through December thirty first every year. :p

I was about to type the exact same joke as a reply, but you beat me to the punch! :)

I like flashlights year round, but probably spring and fall are the biggest times for the same reasons given above.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
A serious answer to this might be that region in Alaska from "30 Days of Night". Imagine being in darkness for a month and using your flashlight for everything! :drool:

ps249

Newly Enlightened
I live in Michigan, and by mid-OCtober it is totally dark at 8:00 PM. We go thru daylight savings time November 6 so it should put the darkness threshold at 6:30 PM by then.

fyrstormer

Banned
There are two winter solstices, one for each hemisphere, so...yes? Though the difference between summer and winter is much less significant in the Southern Hemisphere, so the the solstice itself probably isn't as significant either.

The 45th parallel in the northern hemisphere passes through slightly more land than ocean, much of it densely inhabited, whereas the 45th parallel in the southern hemisphere passes through a bit of mountainous southern Chile and Argentina, and nicks a bit off the southern end of New Zealand -- other than that, the 45th southern parallel is well over 90% ocean. So most of the people who live in the southern hemisphere don't get nearly the variation in daytime hours from summer to winter that we top-halfers do.

Last edited: