Need help with Microtech SOCOM

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
I have a Microtech SOCOM D/A that I have EDC for about 7 years. I keep the knife in the best shape I possibly can but now I have a problem. I was getting out of my truck last month and the clip caught on my seat belt and bent the clip back pretty darn bad. Is there anyone here or do you know of someone that might be able to fix this for me? I want to get it fixed and send it to my best friend in Iraq since it will probably do him more good then me right now. I don't have the proper background or papers to send it to Microtech since it is an automatic knife. Can someone help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks Alot!

GVS_Lakers

Banned
I have a Microtech SOCOM D/A that I have EDC for about 7 years. I keep the knife in the best shape I possibly can but now I have a problem. I was getting out of my truck last month and the clip caught on my seat belt and bent the clip back pretty darn bad. Is there anyone here or do you know of someone that might be able to fix this for me? I want to get it fixed and send it to my best friend in Iraq since it will probably do him more good then me right now. I don't have the proper background or papers to send it to Microtech since it is an automatic knife. Can someone help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks Alot!

Contact MT, you may be able to buy a clip for it. Another option is for you to post a WTB over at www.Microholics.org , you can usually find replacement parts there.

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
Thanks GVS had no idea that forum was even there. I'm open for anything but I have read that the screws they use for there knives require a special little wrench. So I'm looking into that now and hopefully I can find a new clip. I can't really go through MT since I'm not law enforcement, military and so on. Plus everything I read they take for ever to get your knife back once you send it to them. Thanks again!

Last edited:

GVS_Lakers

Banned
If you are wise, you will NEVER send a knife back to MT....too much bad history there. The clips don't need the tri-pin wrench, you typically only need that to open the body. I have a friend who is an MT dealer, he does my repairs for me.

Latest posts