• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Logan QTC acting funny

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
My Logan QTC starts blinking on and off when using new ultra fire rechargeables I'm using the proper bat , only doing it with the rechargeables any one know wuy

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Logan QTC starts blinking on and off when using new ultra fire rechargeables I'm using the proper bat , only doing it with the rechargeables any one know wuy

Tell us more. Does it blink at all levels? Only when freshly charged? etc.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
My logan 17500 did that too when the battery got low on an AW cell. It went into a strobe mode about 10 HZ (although I know it does not have one). I figured it had something to do with the protection circuit on the cell.

eala

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Hi bob ya both rech are brand new and fully charged I put in a new surefire 123 and it does not do it , the ultrafires I'm using are the best that they offer any ideas , is there a better brand rechargeable I can buy , your a grate American bob,,, Vince

fyrstormer

Banned
Never had a problem with AW brand RCR123s. Just because they're made in China doesn't mean they're crap, it just means you have to buy a brand name that only accepts top-quality cells from the factories that make RCRs for all the battery companies.

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Ya these are ultrafire 880 mil with circuit protection brand new do not know wuy it's doing it, thanks for the input

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple notes: I found using the 17500 delivers 3.7v so it's a lot brighter than the 3.0v Tenergy rcr123. On the other hand when I use the Tenergy 3.0v rcr123 I get very short runtime; but I can adjust the output to the lowest of lows.

It could be my 17500 battery is a bit tall, I'm not sure. I don't have any AWs but I'm planning on maybe buying a few.

jorgen

Enlightened
FWIW, I am running my SS Logan on an Ultrafire protected 17500 and have no problem with the low light levels.