Truax Nightstalker

konifans

Enlightened
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9JhMiYGjHKIdURTbTdfWDQ2ZVE/view?usp=drive_web

The flashlights were designed by Robert Truax for ASP Baton. These should be produced in the early 1990S.

According to Don Keller, founder of Kel-Lite:

The light was originally designed for the ASP baton but after some use ASP found that the bulb would break when closing the expandable bataon. This was about 1996-7. At that time Kevin Parsons of ASP came to me and I designed the TacLite baton light and started an engineering division of ASP. Truax made a few other lights at that time but they did not sell and the compnay folded a short time later. After I left ASP Maglite sued ASP over the name and ASP changed the name to Triad. - Don Keller, 2017 August

As handheld flashlights, they are as good as Surefire's.

These are 3V lights.

This is supposed to be used with ASP batons.

There is a "patent pending" label close to the tailcap, it can be removed.

A box for the 3V light.

This light can use 4x CR123A, but the lamp assembly included should be a 2x CR123A or 4.8V bulb.

The button in the tailcap should be stainless steel. Solid and heavy!

konifans

Enlightened
Not bad for the guy who built that rocket Evel Knievel flew that time.

The light module looks very similar to Pentagon and incan Pelican light modules.

The lamp assembly is made in Mexico, I am still looking for a similar one... maybe Pentagon and Pelican has something similar. The Surefire P60 is too large for this light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The lamp assembly is made in Mexico, I am still looking for a similar one... maybe Pentagon and Pelican has something similar. The Surefire P60 is too large for this light.

I'll place a Pelican next to a P60 and photograph it, comparing the shape of the shoulder etc. Pentagon and Pelican modules are nearly identical and the Pelican M6 (2320) module is still easy to find.

For a potential LED swap I have a 'sportac' shaped module in a Pelican M6 that a P60 would not fit in due to the shape of the shoulder...

I'll post pix this evening. Btw, the Pelican module (2324 iirc) is for a 2x 123 light.

Edit:

IMG_20170911_195036.jpg

A few modules similar to the P60.
Note the P60 fits in the Pentagon loosely so that and a Pelican module are probably not the solution if the P60 is too big.

IMG_20170911_195835.jpg

The lights hosting the modules.

Pentagon made a K2 with a smaller module than a P60, but those are really hard to come by. I've yet to find any.

IMG_20170911_201557.jpg

The K2 module

IMG_20170911_201628.jpg

The K2 'porcupine'

Last edited:

konifans

Enlightened
Hey Mr. Fixer,
Thanks for the information. I am also interested in the Pentagon lights. They look as good as Surefire.