which 580 lumen WE Sniper? MC-E or P-7?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my225 lumen EagleTac T10L and 250 lumen Wolf Eyes AX HO Sniper. The WE is, as claimed,a bit brighter.
Now my next step will be a 580 lumen version of the WE Sniper.

There's the MC-E or the P-7 version; both claim 580 lumens and run on 18650.

Here's the question: at comparable pricing which would be a better move?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure yet, I'll hopefully get to compare the two next weekend. The MC-E may have a nicer warm tint to it. Can't remember offhand but one was supposed to be slightly more throw-y... think it was the MC-E. :thinking:
Hopefully I can post some news in the next couple weeks if nothing else comes out before then.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
MC-E has new reflector and slightly better throw while P7 is more floody.

Tint has nothing to do with emitter type. As far I know WE uses P7 SWO which is nice and quite warm.

E. Isn't the T10L rated at 255 lumens?

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint has nothing to do with emitter type. As far I know WE uses P7 SWO which is nice and quite warm.

Yes but the MC-E Sniper reportedly comes with a warm white tint emitter so in this specific case the MC-E should have a much nicer tint than the P7 version.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes but the MC-E Sniper reportedly comes with a warm white tint emitter so in this specific case the MC-E should have a much nicer tint than the P7 version.

what do you mean by the term warm white tint? does it have yellowish color of incandescent lamp?:confused:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
what do you mean by the term warm white tint? does it have yellowish color of incandescent lamp?:confused:

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=creexlampnwwfullix9.jpg

Not sure yet thats why I'll hopefully get to play withone and compare it to a SSC P7 one soon.

Cree tint bins such as the famous 5A tint are more yellowish. It is a matter of personal opinion but I like them much more for outdoor tasks even if they aren't quite as bright. There's tons of beamshots around CPF comparing warmer tinted LEDs.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure yet, I'll hopefully get to compare the two next weekend. The MC-E may have a nicer warm tint to it. Can't remember offhand but one was supposed to be slightly more throw-y... think it was the MC-E. :thinking:
Hopefully I can post some news in the next couple weeks if nothing else comes out before then.

Thanks for the info. I figured the MC-E would be a slight improvement .

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright! my world just got alot closer to 580 lumens!:devil:

I just had the pleasure of speaking with Mike at PTS and he kindly let me know which way to go in quest of 580 lumens.

Running on one of his new 18650 cells will soon be the MC-E version.
it's priced right with that cpf discount and free shipping.
you can call him or send an email, Mike's a pleasure to work with when contemplating a $150+ light purchase. He cares about his product and his customers.

Nearing 600 belt carried lumens.... my life contiunes to improve!!!!!!