SPY 007 machining status

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
mill cutting 007 body
HV2T0649.JPG

what's left of the 60 lb block are these 6 lb blocks that yield 6 light bodies each
HV2T0658.JPG

the first 18
HV2T0659crop.jpg

5 blocks ready to go in the mill
HV2T0659s.jpg

the aluminum D1-6 spindle mount adapter I made for my small Cushman 6" 6 jaw run-tru chuck. The runout measured at 0.0001" :tinfoil:
HV2T0660.JPG

The first 30 bodies should be done this week. I will then start on the battery caps and knobs. The knurling tool on the lathe is still finicky. I should really plan a new way to make the knurl pattern.

Though I make no promises I see no reason the first lights will not be ready in April. And the second batch in May.

If you are interested in watching the mill make a 007 body (more interesting than any other part) then now is the time! This is directed at Msax and Dizzy and anybody else that wants to see it in person. Please e-mail me with questions and directions.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could see the birth of my lil spy but I will have to entrust you to birthing all alone. Thanks for the pics, my spy may be in those pictures!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested in watching the mill make a 007 body (more interesting than any other part) then now is the time! This is directed at Msax and Dizzy and anybody else that wants to see it in person.

Data,

Thanks for the offer!! :thumbsup: I'm still trying to work something out, but I've been so crazy busy, I haven't been able to swing anything. This weekend is shot with Easter, but possibly next weekend..... or maybe I have to be sick from work one day?!?! :naughty:

MSax

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
If you are interested in watching the mill make a 007 body (more interesting than any other part) then now is the time! This is directed at Msax and Dizzy and anybody else that wants to see it in person.

Cheers
Dave

Interesting offer, where are you located in PA?
Frank

:whistle:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting patiently for some pics and :twothumbs what pics! You spoil us Mr Dave!

Great news on the progress. Which is good as I've bitten off all my fingernails in anticipation and am now down to bare skin - let's hope I get in on the April batch and still have fingers left to use this cool little blighter:grin2:.

btw - good to see the big hammer in the penultimate pic - I expect that even in precision engineering projects sometimes there is just no subsitute for a big hammer:D.

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW:thumbsup:, I must have one. Hope I can score one on the first batch. Great pictures and its nice to the progress. I have been iching for one of these ever since I first saw the pictures.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Want SPY007, and machine with French doors:mecry: And all the other stuff in photos........

Will the 'SPY IS BORN' DVD be available soon too?

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data,
or maybe I have to be sick from work one day?!?! :naughty:

MSax

Or maybe you're just sick? :D

Give your boss my phone #, I'll be Dr. EMack.... "Dave is really very ill..." :sick:

Don't forget the vidcam, and off to Youtube when ya get home! :twothumbs

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or maybe you're just sick? :D

Give your boss my phone #, I'll be Dr. EMack.... "Dave is really very ill..." :sick:

Don't forget the vidcam, and off to Youtube when ya get home! :twothumbs

MSax, don't fall for EM's turn your head and cough routine!!! He is sneaky sneaky:whoopin:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSax, don't fall for EM's turn your head and cough routine!!! He is sneaky sneaky:whoopin:

Just trying to be helpful, Goat. :grin2:

Say, isn't it past your bedtime.... or is Hods letting you stay up late for something special? :green: :nana:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested in watching the mill make a 007 body (more interesting than any other part) then now is the time! This is directed at Msax and Dizzy and anybody else that wants to see it in person. Please e-mail me with questions and directions.

Cheers
Dave

I just sent an e-mail Dave. Can't wait to see this in real life!!!!;)

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
When Stan was here he took lots of photos and video. He will probably post the stuff in this thread. karlthev is stopping by tomorrow. dizzy, call me?