Kroma with SSCP4 and McR20 mod....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw won over in the Custom BST. How was this done? Was it difficult? I'm not interested in the UV LEDs. How is the main beam compared to stock, output/runtime levels, etc. That light looks awesome...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF you can get the head open...the mod is not terribly difficult. The output and beam quality are 100% better.
I actually just got done messing around with mine about an hour ago and am so happy that I did it. I did't use the Kroma that much due to the crappy beam with horible artifacts all over. Now it is a VERY useful light with a great low and really bright high beams.
If you have a Kroma I HIGHLY suggest modding it or having it modded.

Heres one thread...https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186342

And this one....https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2427667#post2427667

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats' crazy....hmmmm now I have to decide if I should do that or wait to see what the Optimus can do. Unless I can get a new Kroma cheap.... What do you think the output of the main beam is? Did you have the 50 or 60 lumen version?

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardy har har. Very funny.....

LOL! Its the truth! Thought I was just successful putting a McR19XR reflector in an E2DL (thanks milkyspit for that tip)!

Energie

Enlightened
Don´t get me wrong.
I really like your mods!
No playing with DX lights.
Sort of "how can I get the last hidden lumens out of this %$#@ Aviator/Chroma/Beast..."
Great!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is not enough room. If you get it apart, you will see what I mean. Would be cool though.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can fit a McR20 there should be enough room. Maybe not using the same Lux3 sink area, but using a pedestal of some sort. That's how I crammed a P7 in to an HDS.

Now this is very true:thumbsup:....Do it!

yclo

Flashaholic*
There is not enough room. If you get it apart, you will see what I mean. Would be cool though.

There's room... just have to make the mod more permanent. I.e. Cut into the heatsink. The biggest challenge would be then to adjust the Kroma circuit to drive the P7 properly.

-YC

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's room... just have to make the mod more permanent. I.e. Cut into the heatsink. The biggest challenge would be then to adjust the Kroma circuit to drive the P7 properly.

-YC

If I still had a Kroma, I'd give it a try. Sadly, no Kroma. :(