Anti-Roll features, is it a deal breaker for you?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really like the anti-roll bezel or tailcape. A normal clip looks much better in my opinion.

rayman

cfromc

Enlightened
I like anti-roll for work flashlights but for show or defense flashlights it doesn't matter.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am fine either way.

There had been maybe a total of 5 times in my life that anti-roll would of been nice and my current light didn't have it.

Small rocks make good anti-roll devices anyway.

in_the_dark

Newly Enlightened
I don't want an anti-roll feature. It usually makes the flashlight more uncomfortable for pocket carry.

+1, I really prefer a round bezel for pocket carry. It would be nice if some lights were offered both ways so you could pick the best option for the job at hand.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
+1, I really prefer a round bezel for pocket carry. It would be nice if some lights were offered both ways so you could pick the best option for the job at hand.

:twothumbs for me too. I like the idea of a flashlight not rolling, but do not like the hex head bezels found on many lights. Ever seen an older SF's with round bezels not have a ding in the head? If shelf queens then maybe no dings, but if used as a tool they (round heads) are going to hit the floor. I use lanyards set up for palm control for anti-roll setups.

Bill

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
If it's subtle, it doesn't matter. If it' a requirement, then it has to be proved.
I use a Pelican PL3610 'Little Ed' right-angle light on EMT duty. This light is a right angle light, it WILL NOT ROLL. Not an issue. Other lights, if they will roll, I keep hold of them, and place them in pocket when not required.

rph

Newly Enlightened
I like having it available on larger lights without a clip, simply for the sake of speed. For a smaller light, with a clip or lanyard, I can use what's available to make it "anti-roll". Nice to have, but not a huge issue.

Sector7

Enlightened
it would be nice but not a deal breaker, it should be discreet enough to do its job but not make it annoying in the pocket or the holster....

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually an add on clip or a lanyard will make any small falshlight non-roll in actual use. With larger flashlights that I carry in a holster, anti-roll features built into the body of the light are quite usefull.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have mixed feelings on this one. If the "anti-roll feature" is obtrusive, I do not like it, i.e., gets caught in my pocket. But, if the feature does not make itself a pain, then I have nothing against them, and actually appreciate them for not rolling my expensive lights off my dresser/table/rock in the woods onto the ground.

22hornet

Enlightened
I do not like anti-roll features as they generally make a light less sleek and a lot less pocketable.:thumbsdow
For this reason I am not so happy with the new Fenixes and prefer, by far, the sleeker lines of the L2P/L2T/L2D.

Joris

toolpig1

Enlightened
I don't mind a subtle anti-roll design like the Inova Bolt. I do not care for lights when the feature is unnecessarily huge, like the hideous Husky 2D Cree 200 lumen (looks like a ballistic missile) light that everyone is buzzing about.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
The anti roll features generally are over pronounced and get in the way of its normal use...just my opinion though you just have to try things out and see for yourself....like the maglite, notmany people have problems with them and I dont know of one that has a anti roll feature built in, totally not necissary for general use