SHOT SHOW REPORT: LED LENSER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Re: SHOT SHOW REPORT: LED LENSER - WOW!!

Hmm i wonder which one would be the best all/tactical vs? im loving the adjustable focus!

EDIT: well GEEZ the P7 is between $103.95-130.00, i think they'll have to prove themselves before i drop a bill on this flashlight

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened

why is the P14 3" longer than the P7/T7 yet it also uses 4 x AA batteries?

flash-x

Newly Enlightened

Will new series from led-lenser regulated? Thank

Yapo

Enlightened

I'm still waiting for the P5/T5(i wonder which i should get)...hope they're available soon at a nice low price...dont know how much longer i can wait!

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still waiting for the P5/T5(i wonder which i should get)...hope they're available soon at a nice low price...dont know how much longer i can wait!

With the T7/P7 & P5/T5 the difference is the "T" which stands for tactical and as I have been told the only other differences between them are the head looks slightly different and you have to twist the head on the tactical to focus - but the P5/P7 you push in and pull out to focus - I personally like that I can go from spot to flood in 1 second - the reason you have to twist the tactical is so if you strike someone with it focus stays the same - but with the P7/P5 if you have the head set on spot then strike with the head of the torch it will go back to flood unless it was in flood already - but I have found in flood its kind of easy to blind people as you don't have to aim the light.

hope that helps

http://www.ledlenserusa.com/factSheets/8420.pdf
http://www.ledlenserusa.com/factSheets/8407.pdf
don't have PDF for P5/T5 sorry - but you get the idea :wave:

Yapo

Enlightened

thx for that Glen! from the PDFs it seems like the P7 has a slightly wider head while the T7 is slightly longer. I take it that you have a P7? How far does the head extend out? and how tight/smooth does it feel? Do you have any idea if the Head of the T model extends when you twist it(does it twist off?) or does the lens move internally like how a twisty pen/glue stick would?

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

thx for that Glen! from the PDFs it seems like the P7 has a slightly wider head while the T7 is slightly longer. I take it that you have a P7? How far does the head extend out? and how tight/smooth does it feel? Do you have any idea if the Head of the T model extends when you twist it(does it twist off?) or does the lens move internally like how a twisty pen/glue stick would?

Yes I have the P7 and I am very impressed with it - picked it up for $89 AU in Tazy - head extends 7mm not much really IMO and real smooth and a good fit - I would have to say the head on the T7 would have to extend - rip in to a camping shop and have a play! then you will be in the know.

yes there is snow on Mt wellington :nana:

G

Yapo

Enlightened

Yes I have the P7 and I am very impressed with it - picked it up for $89 AU in Tazy - head extends 7mm not much really IMO and real smooth and a good fit - I would have to say the head on the T7 would have to extend - rip in to a camping shop and have a play! then you will be in the know.

yes there is snow on Mt wellington :nana:

G

Thx! i shall have to find a camping shop...The last time i went looking at lights in a Gun shop they were only sellin old Mags n overpriced multi 5mm LED lights. I'm surprised at the price of the new Led lensers(or at least the P7) in Australia...for once its actually cheaper than what ive seen from the US. For surefires they always seem to cost at least $20-30 more here than in US even with international shipping taken into account

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yer about time our dollar is worth something :crackup:

Good luck on your hunt

PS:I have a DBS Q5 also but I am still impressed with the LL P7 - next acquisition is a UB2 surefire :poke:

Yapo

Enlightened

I had a look today for an hour or so...checked out a few camping/mountain climbing/outdoor shops, an electronics store and a Law enforcement/gun/knife/army shop but i didnt see any Led Lensers.
The camping/mountain climbing shops had a wide range of head lamps and a few cheap led lights and mags.
The electronics store had a few Xglow lights with crees, a few other led lights and some HIDs and spotlights.
The last shop had a few overpriced Inova T series(not sure if they were new or old because of the price) lights and some overpriced surefire G2,6P,E1B and P60L module(my 1st time seeing surefires in a store as well as being up to date)

I had a look on Ebay and to my suprise i found a P5 for $AU90 from an australian dealer but i dont get why its so expensive...Its like the same price as the larger/brighter P7

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened

Yer about time our dollar is worth something :crackup:

Bummer...i just found out that AU$ has been steadily dropping for the past month...:shakehead
The US prices dont seem like bargains anymore...i'll have to think twice whenever I want to order anything again...

KRS1

Newly Enlightened

bloody hell it was like 1 US =94c AUS not it drop down to 86C

Sight:shakehead

Last edited:

flash-x

Newly Enlightened

Glenn7:

Hi, you have really a P7? Has then constant shine(regulated)?
Thx

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not regulated with alkalines, semi regulated with Ni-MH and lithium.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, but regulation with Ni-MH is very flat so driver is useless (in this configuration).

Status
Not open for further replies.