SPY 007 Mini Picatinny Rail Accessories

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm, a bigger base for 4 magnets (more secure attachment for my precious 007s), a thin plastic (rubber?) base to prevent scratching the surface onto which it is attached and a knurled knob for the adjustment angle pivot and, I'll want one!

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't take credit for that one. That was all Mike. He designed it and made it all on his own. I think he is going to make a few of them.

The magnets should be here in a few days and then we will give it a spin.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Karl,

The lock nut and washer provide a slip joint, you never have to mess with the nut. You just push it to the angle you like and it stays there.

Cheers
Dave

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
I received my Spy 007 GPA today and thought I should post two pics of it in use on my mini-tripod. Great little portable lighting solution now.

Tripod gripping a handrail:
spygpa1.jpg

Tripod on a level wood surface:
spygpa2.jpg

The camera head allows full swivel adjustment and the legs are fully articulated for almost endless adjustability.

ibcj

Enlightened
tpchan - That's the first thing I did with mine too !! It does work very well.

Cheers to Dave & Mike for providing this very useful accessory. :thumbsup:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
HV2T1138.JPG

I put two of the afore mentioned magnets in this mount. It sticks to my lathe very well. Mike only made a few of these but I told him to stop making more because I did not think many of you would have anything metal to stick the 007 to. So we will probably only put a couple of them up for sale. If you are interested please post here. They will be $105 assembled or $75 in kit form (GPA sold sepratly).

This Mag-Mount comes with the bolt that holds it to the GPA.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened
Received the accessory Dave, and it is another masterpiece. Congratulations to Mike for producing such a nice accessory and again many thanks.

Rudi

Enlightened
This accessory is GREAT! With a small piece of steel bar 1"x2.5"x1/8" (thinner would work just as well) it can rest on any horizontal surface and be pointed in any direction with precision, which makes it incredibly versatile -- spot illumination in table-top photography; hilighting an ornament hanging from the ceiling; precision-pointed work-light; the possiblities are endless.

And the price -- if disasembled it into its two component pieces and examined to determine just how many machining operations were necessary to produce it, you'd think that it should cost much much more. Not to mention how it complements the 007 visually, making a very attractive combination.

I'm very impressed with the forethought to mill into the 007 the necessary grooves to attach MiniPic (also a bargain at the price) thereby breaking new ground in practical uses of a flashlight.

Last edited:

fasteddie

Enlightened
Just got my GPA and mag base. Hope I'm posting my question in the right place:

There's a metal rod, .13 diameter, 1.05 long with a notch cut at around .26 from the end. There's a hole in the mag stand and the GPA that fit the rod, but when the rod is in place, there is a big gap between the pieces. So, what the heck is it for?

Dave, There wasn't a nut for the GPA in the package. Or maybe I just missed it. Can I get an extra one? Thanks.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my GPA and mag base. Hope I'm posting my question in the right place:

There's a metal rod, .13 diameter, 1.05 long with a notch cut at around .26 from the end. There's a hole in the mag stand and the GPA that fit the rod, but when the rod is in place, there is a big gap between the pieces. So, what the heck is it for?

Dave, There wasn't a nut for the GPA in the package. Or maybe I just missed it. Can I get an extra one? Thanks.

The nut is there in the tape that was stuck to the GPA.

The 1/8" rod is too long, you need to cut it shorter. I put it in there only if you want to use it. It keeps the GPA from twisting around.

Cheers
Dave

fasteddie

Enlightened
Better to risk asking an embarassing, dumb question than mess up my gpa mag stand. What kind of adhesive do you recommend for mounting the magnets in the stand? Fill the hole or just enough to hold the magnet?