Jetbeam Raptor??

SubtleIrony

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to see a shootout between the Raptor, A10 and DBS... I want to get the
raptor as a father's day treat for myself as my son is abusing my aging dbs v1.0 and
has dinged it a few times. The A10 seems to have amazing throw, but the raptor
seems to be a much more technologically advanced light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm interested to see the regulation on 18650. That will likely make or break a sale for me. Hope to see a runtime graph soon. Thanks for the first impressions Patriot. :)

I haven't been making those nice professional graphs like the ones Selfbuilt and others do but I will be able to show lux over time. I'm excited to see that too since older JB's had regulation issues.

litework

Newly Enlightened
I've had mine a couple of days (nights) now, and I agree that the Raptor really is a great light. I don't know if it will out throw my DBS, but it does lack the donut hole in the center of the beam. It's just a solid light, though a bit top heavy. Still, a very functional thrower.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Now that I've had it for a day I noticed the same couple of things you observed including how it's slightly top heavy. No perceptible donut hole to the naked eye, but maybe a stopped down beam shot could reveal one. My light out throws the the DBS V2 but I suspected that it would due to the larger reflector. Depth appears to be about the same.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been making those nice professional graphs like the ones Selfbuilt and others do but I will be able to show lux over time. I'm excited to see that too since older JB's had regulation issues.

If you can do that it'd be great, thanks. :D

Patriot

Flashaholic
If you can do that it'd be great, thanks. :D

I'm doing a runtime test on medium right now. At 2:18 minutes we're looking good and the light meter is reading a stead 19.7 lux. No drop so far.

Running an AW 18650
Steady 19.7 lux for 6:47 before switching to low.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Lux at 5 meters

Jetbeam Raptor 13,800
Dereelight DVS V2 11,500

JetbeamRaptor.jpg

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
If their flashlights are half as good as their website, they must be wonderful.

Their website is the slickest/classiest I've ever seen.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot, check again, it is not 13800 and 11500. it is 1380 and 1150.:wave:

Yes, thank you. I had an extra zero didn't I. I went x100 instead of X10. I guess it's still relative for a comparison figure. :grin2:

At 1 meter I just got

&

ergotelis

Enlightened
Yes, thank you. I had an extra zero didn't I. I went x100 instead of X10. I guess it's still relative for a comparison figure. :grin2:

At 1 meter I just got

&

the lux readings you got earlier, multiply them with 25x and you will convert them to 1m reading. The 1M lux meter reading that you posted now might not be accurate, if you have seen in most threads for throwers 5m lux reading are more accurate(and then converting them back to 1meter by multipling x25=5^2)

bullettproof

Enlightened
Has there been any beam shots at distance yet or a comparisson against the DBS or A10?? Where does this massive head Torch stand in the bunch!!!!!

super-61-

Newly Enlightened
Great beam from the raptor but I am having a little trouble with flickering and total power loss from even a gentle shake.
I've tried different tightness of the head. Defect? or anybody with a raptor had the same problem or have any ideas??:confused:
Thanx:thinking:

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Mine will be here tomorrow and I'll let u know if I have the same problem.
What battery u're using ? 18650 or CR123 ?

Last edited:

super-61-

Newly Enlightened
Tried it on surefire 123a, aw 18650 and wolf eyes 168a all to no avail.
All connections seem to be fine but tilt it the wrong way and it goes straight off. Pity coz other than that it is a quality piece. Think I will have to send back to retailer for replacement and wait another week again:mecry:

gbleeker

Newly Enlightened
I like the Raptor alot - tons of throw!

I decided to modify mine with GITD powder on the sides as shown and also in the bezel in each of the 6 holes used to unscrew the bezel...

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg