Samsung 3000 mAh 18650 Testing

Lormar

Newly Enlightened
What about the Trustfire 3600 (!!!!) mAh ?
Has anyone already tested them?

3600mAh would be a huge capacity improvement...

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
As jirik said, don't go by the numbers resellers like TrustFire put on their cells. Most are inflated and some are down right ridiculous.

If a new higher capacity cell comes out, you'll hear about it first from an actual manufacturer, not a distributor like TrustFire, who merely buy up factory "seconds" from the manufacturers.

Dave

kreisler

Banned
Hi. Old thread. But promising all-round 18650 cell, the Samsung. It's readily available on ebay (Hongkong sellers) and mass produced as is the Panasonic; both the Samsung and Panasonic are classified as "industrial cells" (with PCB, thanks God). The Samsung has a flat-top.

My 18650 flashlight is the EagleTac T20C2 MkII (it's a popular model i heard..), which accepts only button-top cells.

Has anyone tried to use the Samsung (which arent flat-tops but recessed tops!) with my Eagtac T20?

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
......both the Samsung and Panasonic are classified as "industrial cells" (with PCB, thanks God). The Samsung has a flat-top.

Hi kreisler. You might want to look back at posts #11 and #12. Samsung does not provide cells with PCB's added. There are no Li-Ion cell manufacturers that I am aware of, that do so. These cells are intended to be used in the making of battery packs for laptops and such. The packmaker is required beforehand, to have a protection dircuit designed specifically for the intend device these "packs" will be used in, before the cell manufacturer will even sell them the cells. This indirectly, applies to the nipples that have been added to manufacturer's cells, as well. Both protection circuits and nipples, present on cells of this type, have been added by third parties, or distributors such as AW, or Redilast, as these cells were never intended to be either sold, or used, individually by consumers.

I have two of the Samsung 30A cells that I bought from a Hong Kong vendor. These cells do not have added protection circuits, nor am I aware of any Samsung ICR18650 30A (or the 4.30 Volt 28A) cells that do. I'm not sure where Jason obtained his sample. Many Samsung, as well as Panasonic and other manufacturer's cells do have PCBs and/or nipples that have been added, but again, these cells will have either the vendor's, or distributor's label, not the actual manufacturer's label.

Dave

kreisler

Banned
Thanks Dave for your elaborate answer. i am learning thru it :)
i dont know of any end consumer 18650's (e.g. by UltraFire, TrustFire, lol) which are based on these Samsung industrial cells. I know that the XTAC 2600 are based on Sanyo cells.
Yah.. i will give up on the Samsung's then. I'll look out for the Panasonic's with nipples.

I've got only 1 flashlight with 18650's (the EagleTac); and with it, i bought 2x the XTAC 2600. i guess my supply for the next year(s) is covered with these 2 cells. haha :D

Thanks again Dave, appreciated.

wshyang

Newly Enlightened

I have two of the Samsung 30A cells that I bought from a Hong Kong vendor. These cells do not have added protection circuits, nor am I aware of any Samsung ICR18650 30A (or the 4.30 Volt 28A) cells that do. I'm not sure where Jason obtained his sample. Many Samsung, as well as Panasonic and other manufacturer's cells do have PCBs and/or nipples that have been added, but again, these cells will have either the vendor's, or distributor's label, not the actual manufacturer's label.

Dave

Hi,

I am looking to buy these cells also, but the cheapest place I found them at is DX. Is DX a legit source for these Samsungs?

Latest posts