Surefire Lego?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jelly Donut:

If you are gonna buy a KM3 I recommend that you just buy the Surefire V2 Vampire. You get a body and tailcap for only $11 more.

It is much better to get the whole light than just the head.

If you want more options browse the Marketplace for a LU60 adapter. This allows you to use a 6P style head and P60 size drop-in (however some dropins require the LU60 adapter to be ground a bit inside to make clearance) but you can make a 6P style light using a U2 body and LU60 adapter on a 6P head.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jelly!!!!!:poke:

Do not listen to him!
Take a look what he did with this poor Kroma! :mecry:

||
\/

dsc03173cj.jpg

:p

ARA

Enlightened
Thanks guys for explaining the lego systems so well, really appreciate it. The info in this thread is priceless. I wonder why this thread is not a sticky yet. :hitit:

jellydonut

Enlightened
Jelly Donut:

If you are gonna buy a KM3 I recommend that you just buy the Surefire V2 Vampire. You get a body and tailcap for only $11 more.

It is much better to get the whole light than just the head.

If you want more options browse the Marketplace for a LU60 adapter. This allows you to use a 6P style head and P60 size drop-in (however some dropins require the LU60 adapter to be ground a bit inside to make clearance) but you can make a 6P style light using a U2 body and LU60 adapter on a 6P head.
Hey

Nope, not getting the vis/IR head. I just brought that into my question since it looked like it was one of the few compatible with the U2 and Kroma, and since it was also a weaponlight I assumed U2's and Kromas would be weaponlight compatible. Which they were! :)

Of course, in a world where I laid golden eggs, I'd buy the Vampire just for fun but I have slightly above zero need for IR so I can't justify it even to myself.:(

What IS that thing on the Kroma anyway?:duh2:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are sick. I was never into Tan but thinking about getting one now. Do you guys also have the OD one laying around that would look awesome too. Angelofwar I believe you have a KT2 can you throw up a photo of it with the Tan body. Nice BM AFO by the way.

Here ya go Big Lou...

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1410.jpg

HPIM1408.jpg

:thumbsup:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Thanks AOW I know you had it. I call it "Army Style". I also like the KX3 Head is that from a G2D and the G-specific Z59 clicky (115L-60L-15L).

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks AOW I know you had it. I call it "Army Style". I also like the KX3 Head is that from a G2D and the G-specific Z59 clicky (115L-60L-15L).

No prob...The KX3 is from a G2D, but I use it on a black G3 (G3D-BK!). Also, it's the head (the KX3) that's 3 levels...the tail cap is a single-stage. The head can switch modes with a regular twistie, but it's a pain in the butt.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
by mOk, want to get make an end-all one stop shop for what parts attach to what, etc. What do you guys think of this color coded diagram? Make sense? If so, I'll finish adding the other parts and get measurements next to the images and stuff. Thoughts? opinions? Recomendations? If you find it useful, say so, and maybe we can get one of the mods' to a) make it a sticky (once it's finished), or b) place it an already existing sticky. If not, I'll link to this post in my sig, so all you have to do is find a post from me.

NOTE: UPDATED 30 Mar 11

Slide1-3.jpg

Slide1-2.jpg

Slide2-2.jpg

Here's a pic of the pieces as they fit together and some battery configs...

HPIM1394-1-1.jpg

And the Millenium Weapon-Lights...

Slide3-1.jpg

HPIM1629.jpg

And the Hand-Helds...

Slide2-4.jpg

The Adapters by them selves for easy ID...

Slide1-4.jpg

Like I said, if ya like it, say so, and I can add some more tail-caps with model numbers, the weapon light bodies, etc. so people can stop posting "Can the A21 fit the Z49?" and the endless "Lego" question postings. I will include underneath a quick detail of what the item "essentially" does, e.g.

A14=Converts 6P to 6R/to accept B65's
A19=One cell extender for "P" Series lights. (i.e. 6P to 9P, etc.)
A21=Converts L60 to side weapon mounted (instead of attaching to dedicated fore-end., and/or converts it to a handheld.

(Al, I have some corrections to make name wise, etc. and will try to have them updated on my next post...I'll just update the pictures here instead of posting new pic's on a new post, for example the LU10 being the body part AND bezel, etc.)

???

:popcorn:

Last edited:

ARA

Enlightened
AoW, thank you for your excellent posts. The chart is a great idea. I am a little unsure about the battery configurations that the different setups offer. Maybe the chart could elaborate a bit further on it. :wave:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I just have to make sure I got this right. The blue part means the blues fit into each other - so a U2/KROMA body would go into an L60, LU10, LU20 or LU60A extender?

If I managed to understand it correctly then yeah, I say go for it. It would make a pretty sweet reference.:thumbsup:

Will you include the A2/A2L and all the E-series compatibles like the LX2 along with the various tailcaps?:sssh:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to make sure I got this right. The blue part means the blues fit into each other - so a U2/KROMA body would go into an L60, LU10, LU20 or LU60A extender?

If I managed to understand it correctly then yeah, I say go for it. It would make a pretty sweet reference.:thumbsup:

Will you include the A2/A2L and all the E-series compatibles like the LX2 along with the various tailcaps?:sssh:

The first part is correct...the second part is the other way around...an L60 will screw into a U2 body, and not vice-versa, but essentially, yes, the lighter blue (male) goes into the darker blue (female), and so-on.

I will work on the E-series/scoutlight parts as well...it will help me remember as well, when I'm trying to do all my lego'ing, and coming up with a new "invention".