New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

amarzano

Newly Enlightened
Now that's Funny!!

That makes me think of something...

2peas.jpg

liquidwater

Newly Enlightened
i would like to see the fenix tk70 packageing lol. i hope its just a nice sturdy plastic case for it and not something flashy and expensive like the case for the olight sr90 which easily drove up the price of that light by 50 bucks.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be quite happy if the TK70 comes in a cardboard box if it reduces cost. I'd expect this one to retail for significantly less than the olight SR90. 3 x xm-l emitters cost a little less than 1 sst-90 plus there's no built in battery pack or charger to add to the expense. But you never know.

If it runs on 4D nimh, I'll get imedion 9500's which will bump up the price. Those bad boys are expensive.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'll be quite happy if the TK70 comes in a cardboard box if it reduces cost. I'd expect this one to retail for significantly less than the olight SR90. 3 x xm-l emitters cost a little less than 1 sst-90 plus there's no built in battery pack or charger to add to the expense. But you never know.

If it runs on 4D nimh, I'll get imedion 9500's which will bump up the price. Those bad boys are expensive.

The only way id buy a light as stupidly long as the tk70 is IF it uses a safe chemistry. No way I will use more than 2 li ions in a flashlight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

liquidwater

Newly Enlightened
The only way id buy a light as stupidly long as the tk70 is IF it uses a safe chemistry. No way I will use more than 2 li ions in a flashlight.

i agree with u dude, thats why im happy its 4d nimh, safe and probably great run time. ill just use a maha charger which is the best for d cell/aa/aaa. it can charge 8 at once and in any combination.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Hey but you guys are knocking this light:)
Its maybe too long if you compare it to very short also powerfull lights. But what is wrong with variety:)
I would like this long light between all my small ones. My 2D mag is the longest light I own. I think this one will make a nice addition to my collection. I'm gettin one as soon as I read a full-on review and if its available.

LeifUK

Enlightened
I think it fell off one of these:

DSC03677.JPG

Fortunately the local police have this one under close observation and if it exterminates one more child it'll be off to the local nick to do some explaining. Though to be honest the local police are wary of nicking daleks, as they don't want to be seen to be harassing an ethnic minority, and have to undergo yet more diversity training. The fact that daleks are underrepresented in the police does not help matters.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Hey but you guys are knocking this light:)
Its maybe too long if you compare it to very short also powerfull lights. But what is wrong with variety:)
I would like this long light between all my small ones. My 2D mag is the longest light I own. I think this one will make a nice addition to my collection. I'm gettin one as soon as I read a full-on review and if its available.
What's wrong with variety? This is like that stupid cannon sized flashlight that puts out 10,000 lumens. This thing is just stupid looking. That said....if they use NiMH D cells and output is good I'm in. I love safe chemistry. I'm not sure I believe Fenix will build the stupid thing but then I didn't think they'd build the TK45 and it was literally released within a day of me saying it was a joke. Even the TK45 isn't a stupid looking as this toilet plunger battering ram looking thing!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably get one too, it's just that the plunger in pekka's picture is actually nicer looking.

You never know, sometimes a light can look butt ugly in a photo but quite cool in real life. That's what I thought of the TK40.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably get one too, it's just that the plunger in pekka's picture is actually nicer looking.

You never know, sometimes a light can look butt ugly in a photo but quite cool in real life. That's what I thought of the TK40.

i was gonna say the same thing. i thought the tk45 was fugly as hell, thats why i bought it, cause it was odd looking. now to be honest with you i carry it all around the house with me even if im not using it i just like to show it off and carry it

i cant wait till this tk70 goes on sale!!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at the pictures on the polish website again and it looks as if the TK70 and TK41 bodies are exactly the same at the bezel end. I would guess that the TK41 would use 4s2p configuration like the TK40 as its a single die led. So perhaps the 2 light are actually designed to be modular.
Damn, this means that I would have to get both.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
wow that tk41 is really quite superior to its little brother the tk40 isint it? looks like ill have to get one!!

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
Correct me if I'm wrong but this TK41 beats both TK40 (as a thrower) and (something I didn't expect at all) also the TK45 ( as a floody light :eek: )
It looks like this is the ultimate combination between both of them - I'm really looking forward to this light's review :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting those vault pictures gopajti, I was on the fence regarding the TK41 because I prefer the UI of the TK 40, but I now I want one! Just hoping the tint isn't green like some of the TK35 XM-L's I've seen.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for posting those vault pictures gopajti, I was on the fence regarding the TK41 because I prefer the UI of the TK 40, but I now I want one! Just hoping the tint isn't green like some of the TK35 XM-L's I've seen.

I want the tk41 also. The other fenix in the pics looked totally green