Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modding & other stuff I'm willing to do for free

Default Re: Modding & other stuff I'm willing to do for free

pm sent,

zelda

Man, have I neglected this thread! :

OP updated with a

Oh, and, IIRC, Zelda made a couple of copper minimag heatsinks/cans for me and rscanady a while back... gorgeous work.

You can add me if you want Swapping LEDs, driver boards and optics. Soldering. Buying advice for people from Europe. Cutting small heatsinks from the bunch of old computer heatsinks I have.
    Yeehaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    You can add me if you want Swapping LEDs, driver boards and optics. Soldering. Buying advice for people from Europe. Cutting small heatsinks from the bunch of old computer heatsinks I have.
    Yeehaw!

Thanks, my friend! Your offer's been added.

nice to see the work you do.......not a handy man myself

i'll keep in touch if i need antin done
    INCAN:KT2 9P BODY+102MM EXT 18650X3 WA1185/MC61 7.2V/3D MAG85/2C MAG61/2C MAG11 /9P 18500X2 FM1794! LED:MRV P7 2.8A D-BIN/AUROURA P7/INOVA T5 TIROS/XO TIROS/X5/X1 TIROS/X1 REFLECTOR/P3D Q5/P1D CE/ROMISEN Q5!

Banned

I can offer Mac OS X assistance and troubleshooting. I'm also pretty familiar with Apple's current Mac offerings at any given time, and can make hardware purchase recommendations based on one's individual needs.

Conditions:

I won't help anyone run OS X on non-Apple hardware.

I won't (knowingly) offer help with pirated software.

Disclaimer: I'm not all knowing w/r/t Macs, and make no promises about being able to solve your particular problem. Having said that, I do have a pretty high success rate.

Do we have any amateur architects in here?
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...07#post2984007

Anyone?

I think I've added myself on the list here as Spanish, Swedish speaking and some graphics and webdesign.

THanks

George

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by crackerkorean View Post
    I can offer some things time permitting (I currently work full time, 7 additional hours on Saturdays, and goto school in the evenings.) I live in just outside of the Atlanta Metro area so I can help anybody willing to drive here. I can also help out others as long as return shipping is included.

Flashlight Related
    I have been slinging solder since I was 8 or 9 (so about 20 years) and would love to help anybody that cant or would like to learn.

I can also help out with basic electronics, or even things I dont know yet. Itl give me an excuse to learn.
    Being an electrical engineering student I can do basic electronics as of now(finishing my sophomore year) but my skills will grow over the next couple of years.

Nonflashlight Related
    I can do 2D autocad for anybody that might need to get the part in their head to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    I think I've added myself on the list here as Spanish, Swedish speaking and some graphics and webdesign.
    Yup, your info is in the OP. George!

01-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Metal lathe, milling machine, surface grinder available for one-off mods.
    At this time, I'm running 6-8 weeks behind in the shop & unable to help with any modding.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, Titanium Light boring & modding * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

Flashaholic*

*retracted due to lathe problems*
    Last edited by bstrickler; 05-26-2011 at 12:55 AM.

OP updated.

Added Captain Spaulding to the list.

Mac OS X Software and hardware certified and will absolutely help anyone with any needs they may have. Perfectly willing to troubleshoot software issues online through email, IM, or even phone. I would consider hardware help after working out the logistics of shipping as well.
    Last edited by greenLED; 08-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.

In the photographic fields (strictly still photography)

1. Any photography related advice or help you might need (can't figure out why your picture keeps overexposing?).
    2. Specific Nikon DSLR and i-TTL flash troubleshooting (Specific to Nikon as I've only used Nikon since the digital divide of the 2000s. Might be able to help with Canon film gear, but no promises there)
    3. Software - specifically in the digital imaging area. If you need a photo retouched, I might be able to help you there.

I work long hours though, due to the very nature of my job so would appreciate anyone PM-ing me to keep that in mind and not expect an instant reply. Thanks!

I see it's been a while since anyone's chipped in on this thread.

I can offer my services as a ACMT Qualified Mac / MCSE Qualified Windows tech. You name it, I'll support it I can provide remote support through TeamViewer, or if you're in Australia, you can always ship your troublesome device to me.

Well, since it seems like everything else is taken and I'm too busy with my own experiments and mods, I'll offer my knife throwing advice. If anyone is interested in throwing either spin or no-spin technique, I will offer knowledge free of charge.

mvyrmnd & shao!

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    mvyrmnd & shao!
    No problem. I actually teach two different kinds of no-spin throw. One is the traditional "push" style. The other is my own technique which can generate tremendous power. Not to brag or anything. Just putting that out there for all the no-spinners who think they've got it figured out.

That has to be the most UNIQUE offer ever posted! Knife Throwing! Scared of you!
    Be a Light In the Universe

Flashaholic*

Updated mine. Lathe is useless now (what do you expect from a garbage freight lathe?).

~Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    Hi Erasmus
    I'm interested in filming wildlife at night using a Sony camcorder with nightshot. My friend bought a 1watt led torch and swopped the led with a 1watt 850nm led. For our first attempt we have managed to throw a IR beam of light 20-30yds.
    I'm looking at making one that's more powerful that will throw a beam 150yds+.
    I've ordered some 5watt 850nm led on 20mm star.
    I need some advise on what would be the best host torch. With a suitable driver, heatsink.
    Hope you or the guys on here can put me on the right path. I'm sick of experimenting and it's costing me. I've little knowledge with electronics. But I know how to swop leds, just need advise on which to swop.
    Cheers kcg

removed
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Default Re: Modding stuff I'm willing to do for free

Im from Sri Lanka, I can help for following:

Electronics, LED mods, soldering, LED driver design, charger design (li-ion, lead acid only)
    Some computer related problem fix (hardware, software (Windows based OS)
    And help for household appliance maintenance/repair DIY

Or anything I know , giving to anyone for free..

I'm brand new to flashlights and mods. I only have a mag solitaire right now. I'm capable of most of the modifications I think. but I really could use some help with parts and advice. Much appreciated.

Live in Atlanta area, skilled with soldering iron, A/V for events (if equipment provided), autodesk programs, basic (and I mean basic) programming in perl, java, c, fixing cell phones, electrical consultation, stat, chemistry, is this safe questions, sugar rocket building, and working with composite materials.

Live near Austin, TX and can machine *simple* heatsinks (lathe only) if you send materials and drawings. Fair warning, I am a self taught amateur machinist using a mini-lathe. I can machine parts, but the finish may not be good as I am still learning.

Can also help with 3D models in Autodesk Inventor. I am still learning so my skill set is small, but growing.

Most importantly, I can fly you around in your own helicopter if you own one and are around Central Texas.
    Last edited by dcphoto; 06-10-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234