Who owns a 10 or 15 million cp flashlight?

tron3

Banned
Who owns a 10 or 15 million CP flashlight?

What can you tell me?

What do you use it for?

Have you contacted aliens?

How blown away are you?

Babo

Newly Enlightened
My hunting partner has one of the Tim The Toolman Taylor models.
I think it's a bazillion cp "THOR".....Anyhoo, we've used it
twice this duck season running the lake to our blind at
zero dark-thirty. It serves two purposes. First, of course,
it turns a dark night into a not-so-dark night.
Second, and just as important, it puts out a lot of heat...
That is a good thing when you're zipping along at thirty mph
in an open boat with an ambient temp of 19 degrees.

The downside, is my buddy had to have his pants altered to the
light would fit in his pocket. It's is EDC now.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I have a 10 mil Thor...mostly I just light up the forest around my house, but I also have a Maxabeam. I use the Thor at work where I am a Police sergeant. I have a cord rigged to a belt battery pack, so if I have a crime scene or accident scene off road, I can plug the Thor into the battery pack and double the ON time. Works great.....

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I bought one mail order for $30. 10MCP. Yellow.

Farm and Fleet now has them for the same price with a little LED light on top.

I can tell you it's bright as hell.

What do I use it for? Are you kidding?

I've used it (other than impressing flashlight loving friends and my girlfriend) once. I turned out a couple of street lights and shined it at the six story hotel four blocks from my office at work. It illuminated a block of about four rooms as I recall. The dust illuminated in the air in those four blocks sort of obscured the full effect from my vantage point.

While I haven't contacted aliens (yet), I do plan on shining it on the kids that drink at the park outside my home one of these days. It's a big park and I'll just sit back in the corner a block and a half away and light 'em up! I don't imagine they are going to want to walk "towards the light". Not one this bright.

John

InfidelCastro

Banned
40 minutes on bright 60 minutes on 'less bright' is the manufacturer's quoted runtimes for the platinum.

festiva91

Newly Enlightened
:rock: They are great lights, a little big, and the kids just love it when you light up cell phone towers wayyy down the street.

*Retired*
thorch1.jpg

thorch2.jpg

thorch3.jpg

thorch4.jpg

thorzstd.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Okay NewBie!

Just curious as to what ALL those Thors are for? Interesting pictures by the way. . .

metalhed

Enlightened
Newbie -- Great beamshots...I love it!

I've only got one Thor 15MCP and a Dorcy 3MCP. :shrug:

Ran an informal runtime test tonight on the Thor. Only got about 25 minutes (on high) before she went dim. Either I got a weak battery with this one...or the manufacturer is fudging the numbers a bit.

Been thinking it might make sense to step this Thor down in wattage. Longer runtime would be nice. And maybe some type of mild diffuser to smooth out that ugly beam a bit.

BOT, I use mine to harass neighbor kids and look for our cats in the backyard...mostly I just play with it though.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first 10meg/Cp light,it was the last one Fry's had on the shelf. So I thought...What the Hell! It should come in handy for some holiday road trips. Besides, when I change a flat I want daylight around my truck, keeps the wolfs at bay. NO SHADOW OF DOUBT!

CHIPHEAD (Merry Christmas)

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I just got a 10MCP Thor, and I like it a lot, despite the rings in the beam, it really does poke a long way out into the darkness.

I would really love a big HID though, and in Britain, they're close to non-existant. I keep reading about the Costco HID, and others, and wondering what the possibility of getting one would be.

What about a CPF group buy on Costco HIDs, if they are still available in large enough number ??

:poke:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
A quick question for anyone with a Thor 10MCP, The red charging LED on the side of the light, should it go out when charging is complete, or does it stay on to show that power is being supplied?

I've had my Thor for a few days, and the manual says that the LED lights when charging, but doesn't state whether it goes out on completion.

Thanks in advance.

:touche:

BVH

Flashaholic
OK Newbie, you knew you couldn't get away with posting those pics without the proverbial question..."Where are the Newbie Boost Board"?

Also, are the beam pics of modded or unmodded?

Vee3

Enlightened
Hmmm....

14 Thors, all together costing less than one SF M6 with a few batt changes.

Tape them all together and you could make one hell of an EDC....