Glow in the dark flowers

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
"A Dutch company began selling "Glowing Flowers" - freshly cut glow-in-the-dark roses and chrysanthemums - on Friday in what it claimed was a first.

The flowers appear white in regular light but emit an eerie green glow for several hours in the dark, FloraHolland BV said in a statement."

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/weird/story/2948313p-11620997c.html

It would have been cooler if the flowers were genetically engineered for bioluminescence...

TorchMan

Enlightened
I saw pictures of the on the Net. As someone that loved glow in the dark stuff as a kid, these would be some flowers welcome in my house. I did not see a price though.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I saw those mentioned on Fark. At first I thought they were genetically engineered flowers, but then the article mentioned that it was simply a spray-on solution that made them glow. This does not seem worthy of being called an "invention" to me. Heck, I could use my spray-on GITD paint on my thumb drive and claim that I "invented" a GITD drive.
:shrug:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
me to pw i thought they was grown this way i was kinda excited

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
well paint me disappointed as well, I was hoping that they had bucked the fear the EU has of genetically modified plants and had gone forward to market something new :D Oh well...

I can spray flowers with hairspray and sprinkle on glow power too... As a matter of fact, I might just try that...

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what the "invisible chemical" they are sprayed with is? Perhaps it could be clear in regular light but glows in the dark?

-Mike

Skylighter

Enlightened
I was wondering why we got a flood of calls from people wanting to "dye" flowers with glow pigment.

For those that want to try it, get some Ultra Green Small Particle and sprinkle it on. That should do the trick and be completely invisible during the day.