FIRE POWER... (HID)

jwiren

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:
What's the light in the middle? Looks similar to the costco, is it made by the same company?

Sorry... I can not say you what light that is...! :oops:
But very, very bright that is... :mad:

There is a costco hid... Az-project 50w... and that secret light.... :whistle:

RalphRussell

Newly Enlightened
Hey, don't point those at the sky! You might attract unwanted attention to our planet. Have you seen War of the Worlds?

wow.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
jwiren,
:mad:To to your room and attend to business. :whoopin::whoopin::whoopin:
Just joking :D, nice pics.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

InfidelCastro

Banned
How can that little Japanese light have more throw than the Thor when the reflector is half the size?? Amazing...

I take it the medium sized one is the Costco HID? Wow, the Thor is positively HUGE.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
How can that little Japanese light have more throw than the Thor when the reflector is half the size?? Amazing...

I take it the medium sized one is the Costco HID? Wow, the Thor is positively HUGE.

The HUGE light is the Costco now Harbor Freight HID and it makes a 10 MCP Thor look small.

The middle sized one is the "Oops can't say", take three swats, go straight to jail and skip your next turn light. :D

Take Care,

That_Guy

Enlightened
I'm guessing that the smaller light is a smaller version of the Costco HID made by the same company. It's either a newer version of the 3513 spotlight shown in their catalogue or a new light all together.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
I don't see anything listed on Harbor Freight's website except an overpriced 3MCP spotlight.

You have to put in the item number

in the item number search.
For any more information see the Re-Badged Costco HID thread.

Take Care,

InfidelCastro

Banned
$130 + shipping??? Ouch.

So it's 10MCP.. wouldn't that mean that the beam is slightly weaker than the 15MCP 130W Thor Platinum that you can find for $40.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Ok, nevermind I read the other thread where you compared it to the Thors.

Still seems like alot of money though. Personally, I think I'll wait until they come down some... that is if you guys don't buy them all first. Haha.

I wonder how it compares to a Havis-Shields 35W HID which can be had for $80-$100 more.

Xzn

Newly Enlightened
Can you elaborate on this.. Havis-Shields light? I'd be interested. I must've been on mars lately.

festiva91

Newly Enlightened
If that HF HID is the same as the Costco HID then I feel pretty good about buying my Costco off of ebay. The HID far outshines the 10 or 15mil thors but the beam is not precise with all the shadows. But it is a pretty purplish-blue color and the start-up whine of the HID is cool. For under 200 bucks, either one is a good choice and you can't go wrong.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello Festiva91!

You spent how much on the CostcoHID on eBay? A tad under two-hundred dollars you say? . . .Break in the HID lamp [with xx hours] and get those "salts" burning! You'll soon see the difference! Enjoy. . .

jwiren

Newly Enlightened
Hello, hello... :rant:

MORE FIRE POWER... :xyxgun:

I get new 35 w HID spotlight/searchlight this week...

I have to load all those lights batterys, and go some night, and blow Finnish sky away... :rock:

Last edited: