• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ~Sold: modded Surefire U2...~

grnamin

Enlightened
For sale only, no trades please. I have one Surefire U2 that I modded by extracting the Luxeon V that I had previously taken out of a KL4 and replaced it with a Luxeon III UX1L (thread and videos). The U2 works with the regulated levels, albeit only 5 distinct ones, not 6. It's a super thrower now, that's for sure. No donut in beam. Body has some very small sections with the HA worn off, mainly at the bezel rim. I can switch out the UX1L and re-install the Luxeon V (very white, very slightly purplish, very bright) and exclude the UX1L from the package or keep the UX1L in place and include the Lux V. If you opt for the Lux V re-installed, it will be shimmed with an O-ring so as to remove the donut. If you don't prefer the shim, you can opt not to have it excluded or you can remove it yourself if you so choose. This U2 has the soft start. Original box and instructions included. One more note: The butt end of the tailcap that secures the switch assembly in place is HA III Nat in color, not black. The original switch was malfunctioning and Surefire sent me an HA III Nat switch as a replacement. I took out the guts of that one, including the bezel end, and put it in the original tailcap.

Asking price: $old, shipped priority mail insured to CONUS locations.

International shipping is extra, based on your location. I can calculate the extra cost via USPS.com.

Paypal accepted and preferred. PM or email me if interested.

Last edited:

grnamin

Enlightened
Re: FS: modded Surefire U2...

Here's a picture:
orig.jpg

Last edited:

grnamin

Enlightened

Upon receipt of some good advice, price dropped to $old.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

IAW the CPF Custom & Mod B/S/T Policies (posted by Sasha as a sticky at top of this Forum):

"In addition, sales and auctions are not limited to the creators of items. If you own a custom item or mod, it can be resold here at a fixed price or auctioned off with a portion of the proceeds donated to the CPF coffers. This new policy will benefit all."

If this is an outright sale - no problem, but if you are asking for "best offer" (thus a "sealed bid/auction" type transaction), I would assume you have worked this out with Sasha for a donation from this transaction?

If it's not a "best offer" sale, perhaps that statement should be edited out so the buyers know a portion of their coins are not going towards the CPF.