• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Uh, help . . .

rgc

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to sort all this out as I am looking for a 1 CR123 LED (white) in a nice small package to go with my Surefire L1 (red 2nd gen). That said, the Atlantic should throw farther than the Glacier Bay, right? If so is the throw that much farther, i.e., that more noticible? How is the spill on each? I know I want the longer run time of the 1w series Atlantic or Glacier Bay over the higher output of the Med or Caribbean.

I know it was just one sample light, but you got to love the runtime chart for the Atlantic on flashlightreviews.com, wow did it stay darn near 100% until it fell out of regulation.

Then again, should I just stick with my original choice of the McKinley?

Thanks for letting me rant,
rgc

lebox97

Enlightened
get a CPF 2005 special.
sounds like what you need for backup to the surefire... 12 hours run time on a standard battery... 45 min of WOW! power on the rechargeable.
:rock:
--------------------------------
"Mode B; using a standard 3 volt CR123A lithium battery.
Output starts at about 450 foot candles and drops to about 220 to 250 foot candles after approximately 15 minutes. Then it maintains a flat output of 220 to 250 foot candles for the next 12 (twelve) hours continuously. There is no heat issue at this output level.
As a reference, one of the original 1 watt Luxeon LED flashlights output was approximately 260 foot candles for almost 2 hours."

"Mode A; using one of the supplied 3.7 volt R123 Lithium-Ion batteries.
This mode of operation easily lights up the side of a house at night, at greater than a 300 foot distance. Initial Candlepower output is 1700 to 2000 foot candles. This drops to about 1100 foot candles at about 45 minutes. The battery is then exhausted and needs to be recharged. Because of the small size and high output we recommend intermittent use.

As a reference, the popular Caribbean LED light output is 750 to 900 foot candles, and can reach temperatures of 112 degrees."

DallasA

Enlightened
I agree with lebox97.. the CPF Special is the overall best package for you at this special offer. You can find this under the CPF Special thread.

MJ

rgc

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at it for a while now . . . I am even trying to convince a buddy to get it. My problem is that I may not have the extra jack until after the first of the year. Kids come first. By the way, although I like the wear of the HAIII, the red is really appealing to me even if it is HAII.

rgc

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, I bet the Momentary Brass Switch would look good with the red too.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must reluctantly admit that I do not yet own a PEAK. that new CPF special looks good! I am awaiting the "Ocean" AA. is there any way the CPF special could have a silver, black or GREEN body?The FENIX 1 LP won out over the 3 LED Matterhorn:broke:would have liked to have bought both.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks! Does anyone know how the Kino compares to the Fenix 1L P?

Macaw

Enlightened
The Kino bay is not quite as bright as the L1p but the hotspot is a bit larger. When the Fenix is held farther back to so that the hotspots are equal in size, it still edges out the Kino Bay ever so slightly. This is mainly due to the core of the L1ps hotspot being brighter whereas the hotspot from the KB is more consistant throughout. I did this using Everready lithium cells. The Fenix seems to manage better than the KB when NiMh cells are used. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera to show any comparisons.

That being said, I gave the SS kino Bay to a good friend of mine and I suspect that it will be functioning long after the Fenix is dead and buried. I kept the Fenix because I did the resistor mod and would rather have the two levels of light at my disposal.

steveH

Newly Enlightened
rgc, you convinced me, dude. I'll give you a call in a couple of days to see if you can break away and check it out. Any idea how much longer the CPF Special will be offered? There's absolutely no reason NOT to get in on this deal right now.

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
rgc said:
I have been looking at it for a while now . . . I am even trying to convince a buddy to get it. My problem is that I may not have the extra jack until after the first of the year. Kids come first. By the way, although I like the wear of the HAIII, the red is really appealing to me even if it is HAII.

The Peak Special web page says it is Dark Red Type III HA. Can anyone verify if the finish is HAII or HAIII?
help.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
Brightboy1 said:
The Peak Special web page says it is Dark Red Type III HA. Can anyone verify if the finish is HAII or HAIII?
help.gif

Yes, it is Type III ( 3 ) HA. This is one of the colors you can get in type III

MJ

rgc

Newly Enlightened
Now I am sick. It is a Type III in a cool colour and I know I can't place my order until sometime in the new year . . .

Oh well, thanks MJ, sometimes I just got to miss out on a light. This one is going to hurt though.