Traser H3 Diver Watch w/orange face

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased and received this watch on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5061377601

I owned a Luminox Navy Seal watch (series I) a couple years ago, but sold it in my never-ending quest to find something "better". I prefer analog watches over digital...mainly because if I'm not wearing my glasses, I can' see the numbers on a digital watch witout straining (plus, I think analog watches just plain look nicer). After selling my Luminox, I immediately regretted it, and I was NEVER able to find any other watch that could match the Luminox's tritium trasers for night visibility without having to use some sort of EL backlight. Also, most watches using an EL backlight require the use of both hands to activate it. On top of everything else, I couldn't find anything else that matched the "cool-factor" of tritium.

In previous threads, one of the complaints that some folks had with Luminox was that the second hand didn't line up with the second/minute markers on the dial very well. My particular Luminox didn't have that problem, but others' did. On my new Traser H3, the second hand lines up PERFECTLY with the second/minute markers. One of the few complaints that I did have with my Luminox was that it's rubber (or polyeurothane) strap was extremely stiff and "hard" feeling. The rubber strap on my new Traser H3 is VERY comfortable...quite soft and pliable.

The blue trasers on the hands and minute markers of the H3 aren't quite as bright as the green ones of the Luminox I had (Traser's home page acknowledges this with a breakdown of tritium colors and their relative luminoscity), but the difference in brightness is negligible, and the blue trasers of my H3 are in fact quite bright and easy to see. The unidirectional ratcheting bezel of the H3 feels VERY solid and gives outstanding tactile feedback with every click. The ratcheting bezel of my Luminox had the numbers 1 thru 12 printed on it...the bezel of the H3 has 5 thru 55 with a green traser where 60 would be. 5 thru 20 are printed in orange, and 25 thru 55 are printed in white. All in all, I think this new Traser H3 watch is aesthetically pleasing, VERY comfortable and lightweight, and has a high "cool-factor". I learned a painful lesson after selling my Luminox...as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing better than tritium for night visibility and readibility for a watch...and I definitely WON'T be selling this one! It's a very nice watch at a fair price, and for sheer "cool-factor" it's hard to beat! YMMV...

PJD

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the idea of tritium trasers in a watch, but I haven't fell in love with any of the brands or models that use them. I only like watches with a full metal case and band, the movement must be an automatic and a chronograph. I have a Bell & Ross Pilot M that uses tritium painted hands and indexes and though it is not as bright as the trasers it is still very easy to see in darkness and it glows the same brightness all night long.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Nice watch PJD! :)

I have the "unterwasser" version, wich is basically the same, but has a stainless non PVD case and green/orange trasers. ;)
img19070ts.jpg

enigma87ik.jpg

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bart...I saw the Unterwasser version with the orange and green trasers, and in all honesty, THAT was the one I REALLY wanted! It's price was just a little out of my reach with all of the other stuff that I just "had" to get! Nice watch, back at ya!!!

PJD

HighLight

Enlightened
My Luminox watch is about 11 yrs old now and while the tritium can still be read at night it has dimmed noticeably. When I first got it I loved it. It was really bright. The night I got it I went to a movie theatre and the person next to me kept looking at the watch. It was so bright it was actually kind of distracting. Now I'm looking for a new one but I prefer a lighter model. In the above link it shows other items the seller has and the Traser H3 P5900 model is the one I'm planning on getting (though not from that seller). It's an actual military model. Doe's anyone have any experience with this particular model? It's been around in different variations for an extremely long time.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought I would want one of the Tritium vialed watches till i found out how well Seiko Lumibrite works, one good dose of light will make it glow most of the night if I want, dulling till gone, and it definitly is much brighter than any tritium I have seen (when fully charged) for the duration of a normal dive session, and can be reilluminated easily with a light any time. I like the SKX011J for this reason, it is now one of my fav every day watches.

The only reason I would go with the tritium now is if I wanted to sleep with a watch perhaps.

Nice watch though :).

skx011Jwristshot.jpg