Recommend a Maxpedition pack for daily use??

tm3

Newly Enlightened
i like the look of the maxpeditions and the modular accessories. but it is hard for me to tell from the www site which one might work best for me as a daily carry-to-the-office-bag.

this would hold papers, a folder or two, cellphone, a book or two. occasionally i'd carry my 14" laptop in it (i have a padded sleeve for the laptop).

which model(s) should i focus on?

thanks!

Deanster

Enlightened
14" Laptop probably rules out the Falcons - they're too narrow for most Windows laptops (the narrower Apples work much better, up to 15"). Check the width of the laptop to confirm - internal width of the Falcons is only 9.5"

Either the Condor or Baby Condor are excellent everyday packs. Counterintuitively, the Baby Condor is a little larger in total space - it also has mesh pockets on the sides, which are very nice. It doesn't, however, have much in the way of accessory attachment points, and uses a lighter-weight zipper, which functions well, but I personally don't like as much.

The Condor (and the new Condor II), don't have mesh pockets, have a different front pocket setup, and have all the attachment points you'd want. It also has a sleeve for a water bladder, if that matters to you.

Either is a fine choice - just a difference in styles. I'm a Maxpedition dealer - let me know if you have questions... I'm always happy to help, even if you're purchasing elsewhere.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a proteus and a fatboy (and some smaller stuff like an M5), and there is no way a laptop will fit in either of those. The multi purpose bag might work for you as it has a main compartment that is 14" x 10", but it would be a squeeze with a 14" laptop. I dont think either of their "gearslingers" would eat a laptop either. Maybe consider carrying the laptop in its own case, plus a fatboy. hth