Christmas Came Early! (pics)

MrBadger

Newly Enlightened
So I was visiting with my grandmother this weekend and she presented me with a flashlight that her brother had given her before he passed away last year.

Being relatively new to the flashaholic world, I did a little research her and I'm pretty sure that this is a Pelican product. It is marked "Browning Rechargable" with the Browning 'buck'. It is rechargeable; the batteries are flat-top AAs connected into a semi-pack and are unmarked, except the + and - terminals, a star on each battery, and "made in Japan".

I like this light very much, but I want to know if there is an option to convert it to LED. There are several Pelican lights of this form factor that are, so does anyone sell a kit to switch out the incan?

Pics:

a.jpg

g.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have a lot of respect for the StealthLite - I have two of the 4AA versions (old version before the style change). They've been round the world with me and never failed no matter what I've expected or how drunk I got.

The rechargeable version is something I used to lust after. In orange, wall mounted in the kitchen so it could be grabbed. I settled for a simple clip for the orange one I have. It has since been replaced by a yellow G2 though.

Al