My boss dried my new SF CR123s

my name is fake

Enlightened
which was on my C-2.

The C-2 with the FM37 beamcover was on my desk when he came strolling along and noticed it.

"Hey, is this your new toy?" and starts fiddling around with the tail cap switch.

Of course this happened with the beamcover in fully closed position and i totally forgot that he MAY have switched on the light by mistake.

Which of course he did when i tried to switch it on again couple of hours ago...& nothing came out.....:mad:

its barely week old batteries!! and they;re damn expensive over here!!:rant:

Robban

Enlightened
Regarding cost of batteries. Can't you order in bulk from batterystation.com or other places like it? It'd get the cost down.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
cheapest i've found here are sanyos for RM10 each (about $2.67). but i just found out lighthound ships internationally for reasonable prices :)

Somy Nex

Enlightened
actually i don't go down to s'pore that often, and making a trip there exclusively for batteries is pretty cost prohibitive ;) but i sometimes have friends coming up from there, so maybe i might get them to pick up a set for me one of those times.

but until then, there's always lighthound :)

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
i also did experience the same thing with SF CR123 cells that came with my C2. they dried out quick ! a lot quicker than those panasonic cells. here in indonesia, panasonic CR123s go as low as a buck a cell !

my name is fake

Enlightened
nighthawk said:
i also did experience the same thing with SF CR123 cells that came with my C2. they dried out quick ! a lot quicker than those panasonic cells. here in indonesia, panasonic CR123s go as low as a buck a cell !

Nighthawk, I assume you're in Jakarta?

I travel ofetn to Jakarta for work, so can you tell me where I cna get these cheap CR123s next time Im there?

Thanks.

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
my name is fake said:
Nighthawk, I assume you're in Jakarta?

I travel ofetn to Jakarta for work, so can you tell me where I cna get these cheap CR123s next time Im there?

Thanks.

I'm in Bandung.
OK, next time you're in Jakarta, ask someone to drive you to GLODOK area in KOTA district. You can easily find Panasonic CR123s and buy in dozens to get even cheaper price. But you must know how to bargain with the shops owner.

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
In addition to those cheap Panasonic CR123s, there are also a lot of Chinese made CR123s - which of course dirt cheap compared to those panasonic cells. But I wouldn't reccommend you buying the Chinese CR123s.

my name is fake

Enlightened
nighthawk said:
I'm in Bandung.
OK, next time you're in Jakarta, ask someone to drive you to GLODOK area in KOTA district. You can easily find Panasonic CR123s and buy in dozens to get even cheaper price. But you must know how to bargain with the shops owner.

Ok. Thanks.

Bandung eh? never been there yet. If you need to go to Borobudor, you have to go via Bnadung right? or was it Jogya?

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
my name is fake said:
Ok. Thanks.

Bandung eh? never been there yet. If you need to go to Borobudor, you have to go via Bnadung right? or was it Jogya?

Yes, if you go to Borobudor by car. There's a new toll road from Jakarta to Bandung, it now takes 1.5 hours drive!

lightmaster

Newly Enlightened
my name is fake said:
Somy

If you ever happen to be in Singapore, Sheares marketing sells Energizer CR123 for SGD3 each...

Actually... SGD2.80 ea. at least thats what they charged me the last time. (1.65 USD)