E2E vs E2L

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
I already have a E2L and i am thinking of buying an E2E for the increase of brightness.And the E2E is a bit smaller than the E2L so maybe its easier for everyday carry.

Is it a good idea to invest in an E2E when you already have an E2L?

thanks

deranged_coder

Enlightened
You could try looking around the Buy / Sell / Trade forum to see if anyone is selling an E-series incan bezel. The bodies of the E2e and E2L are the same, only the bezel is different. Get a bezel and an MN03 lamp and you will be set.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy a bezel and lamp directly from Surefire if all else fails. From what I have heard from Customer Service, they sell A LOT of parts and other stuff not listed on their site.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Good answers, but if i am ready to pay for the complete flashlight(E2E),does it worth it? or am i better to stay with my E2L?

Cuz here in Canada, its almost the same price for only the E2E bezel or the E2E flashlight.

schill

Newly Enlightened
You can also get an e1e. You can interchange the heads on the two lights. You can't use the incandescent bulb that comes with the e1e on the e2 body - you'll have to buy one of the bulbs for the e2e as well.

The e2l head works fine on the e1 body.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
The E2e is a great light, no doubt about it. If cost is not a big concern, then by all means get an E2e.

However, I like what schill mentioned about getting the E1e. The KL1 head from the E2L will work fine on both the 1-cell and 2-cell bodies so you just need to get an additional MN03 lamp (do not use the MN01 lamp with a 2-cell body, you will kill it) and you will have the parts to put together an E1e, an E2e, an E1L and an E2L.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Very good idea to buy a E1E!

I will go for it.

Thank you very much!!