Has anyone seen these lights?

Taylorf

Enlightened
I found both of these light on ebay and decided to search the web for them to find out more about them. Here are the websites for them.

http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/military/level4.tam?M5COPY.ctx=25956&M5.ctx=3088

^This is a strobe light that claims 250,000 peak lumens. Im still new here but i think that is insanely bright. Is there something i am missing or can it actaully be that bright? Are peak lumens the same as lumens?

http://www.powerledlighting.com/SunliteSlim.html

This light seems pretty cool too. Does anyone have this light and could tell me more about it. I really like the different color head options.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my general instinct is to turn around and run when anyone tries to sell me a 250,000 lumen light that I can hold in my hand.

Not so much because of the outright lie, but the fact that there's a good chance they are counting on only selling to folks that can't do any research which also means they are probably going to ask for a borderline ridiculous price as well.

Taylorf

Enlightened
Hehehe okthats what i thought. If only it were so because that would awsome!

Any one know anything about the second light?

socom45

Newly Enlightened
the firefly is really good. a lot better than the older style strobe I had in the navy up on the flight deck. Plus you have the luxery of aa batteries, unlike the previous version. Have not seen them for a while but got mine on ebay bout a year ago for about $50.00

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
In 1980, my bicycle used a commercial xenon strobe light that delivered 750,000 lumens. It ran off a 12V, 60 watt-hour lead-acid cell. Remember, this is a burst that lasts just a few milliseconds. Today's photography flashes can be many times brighter.