ArmyTek

Thread: How do you carry your light?

Default How do you carry your light?

A few questions I was wondering about:
    What is your favorite way to carry your light, and why?
    Secondly, if your light has a LOTC, do you put it into lock-out when you carry it, or do you leave it at momentary-on so you can quickly use it?
    Third, how many spare sets of batteries do you carry for your light? On your person or in your bag?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Flashaholic*

Default Re: How do you carry your light?

My EDC lights are all carried in my pocket. Not clipped just dropped in my pocket.

I always have a Peak Matterhorn AAA on my keychain and one of the other "real" lights with me.

Surefire E1L
    HDS EDC Basic 60LE (99% of the time it is this one)
    Inova T1

You will notice they are all small 1 cell lights. They all are very easy to simply pocket and go.
    A Government is most likely to be made up of a group of individuals who are likely not governed themselves.

for EDC, they normally go in my pocket., esp my fenix L1P.

For travelling, at the moment, in a pouch but im planning to get a pelican case.
    SF C-2 w/ FM37 , KL-3 w/ FM64 & FM65, Mini Mag AA, Maglite 3D, Lumaray FL6, Fenix L1P, Osram Golden Dragon, Fenix L0P , Fenix L1T

Flashaholic*

Grinser2 Re: How do you carry your light?

Happy Holidays carrot!

An ArcAAAr4 is always in my pocket. I carry an extra lithium cell for it in my backpack.

Work, in which I lug around my backpack. My current configuration is an E2D, not locked out, and a 6P+A19+KL3 locked out. One fully stocked SC3 spares carrier. I use an A19 extender so if I need to reload the 3 cell KL3 platform in the field I can do so in the 2 cell configuration and still have a reload for my E2D.

Casual around the town stuff. E2 platform strapped to my belt or in my pocket. If the cells are fresh I don't carry batteries or if they (the cells) got significant use or I'm pack'n MNO3 lamps I carry a reload in a modified orange Walmart match carrier.

If its dark I unlock the tailcaps.

kelmo

Flashaholic*

I carry the Ultimate 60 and/or ARC-P in my pocket.
    Got Light?

I made a few leather holsters to wear on my belt.

I also carry a Dorcy AAA in my pocket or on a neck lanyard.

Flame
    EDC Jil-Lite CR2 DD (UP) w/FluPIC

Flashaholic

HDS U42 and ARC-P in right front pocket, Gladius in right back pocket. Three spare 123's, wrapped in a plastic bag, carried in front left pocket.
    Alex

Arc AAA loose in front pant's pocket.

Geoff

The 1-celled lights I have go in my pocket. I think it was Paul_in_Maryland who suggested stashing a light in a coat pocket, so I'm doing that also during the winter. If I'm outdoors, I use a lanyard and tie my lights to my belt.

I have an ArcAAA on my keychain (in other pocket).
    Larger lights go in my pack, or if I'm out for a quick run, in my pocket.

Flashaholic

Arc AAA loose in right front pocket, L4 in lock out position clipped in left pocket. Six spare 123s in SF carrier in glovebox.

My EDC is a KL4 Mod , DB600/TYOK on a E2HA Body/Z57 NOT locked out in a self made copy of a "Leatherworks companion" sheath .

I also carry a TW4 in my jacket pocket .

In my Rucksack I have a SF 6P with a G&P 3W drop-in , Z59 tailcap locked out and a full SC1 spares carrier with a P60 lamp .

... and of course I have a ARC AAA on my key ring .

Kenny
    Surefire U2 Ultra l L5 l 6P l L4 l KL4 Mod l TW4 l KL1 Mod l E1 l E1e l E2 l E2e l Mag-2C Mod l Aleph 1 l Aleph 2 l Aleph 3 l ARC AAA

Grinser2 Re: How do you carry your light?

SF V82 Holster on my belt w/ A2 Aviator on Momentary on for the hit of light when i really need it

- Two Spare CR123's Coat pocket, held in a APS film canister (CPFer's idea)

- Coat pocket in oyster card holder with a EON Al card light
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
    very small light , just as a back up and everythng

Now wearing L1P on belt. I'm secure in my flashaholism.

IMO it's too bulky for the pants pocket. Also there is the danger of the unscheduled cleaning via washing machine if it slips your mind. The jacket pocket carry works well except for the times you're not wearing your jacket, or you're not wearing the jacket that has the light in it if you own multiple jackets.

I don't use the twist lockout idea, but would if the switch wasn't recessed.

I only carry spare batteries in the car (4 pack), unless I'm hiking, then a carry a 12 pack of AA's as backups for flashlight, FRS, and GPS (one battery size for all concept).

Flashaholic*

First of all. Nice Ritter Grip Mountain....

I carry a 33Mcd'd Solitaire in my left pocket, lately a River Rock 2xAAA cliped in my right pocket. And I carry a Streamlight TL-2 in a custom pouch from www.wildbillsconcealment.com Spare 123's are in the glovebox.

It usually changes depending on my mood, but right now:

Arc AAA -- on house keychain, left pocket

Amilite NeoT3 -- on belt hanger that came with it, hanging in left pocket

Arc 4 -- Belt pouch w/ extra battery (QIII pouch works great)

Original Firefly MM750T -- on car keychain, right pocket

(2 additional batteries in multi-tool pouch on belt -- total extra batts carried (3))

BTW, the EDC question is my site's weekly poll question...might want to check in and vote there, as well.

Mostly the longbow micra in front jeans pocket.
    sometimes I will put 2 spare 123's inside a short piece of vinyl tubing (too keep them from marking the OD HA coating on the light)
    At work I will carry the Q3 instead of the Micra.

I have no doubt that there would be no-one else who goes to work with 6 1AA cut down MiniMags, all on neck lanyards, 4 layers of pvc tape around the end for holding the tail between my teeth, all with Luxeon pills.
    A long day of setting up sound systems and mixing live music in darkened venues can be 14 hours straight or more, and I'll go through 4 or 5 14500 Li-Ion batteries, already inside lights, no time to fiddle at the gig, I leave that to the musos....
    There's always batteries on the charger(s), I run a total of 10 14500's.
    If the whole lot is out of action, out come 4 E1e/KL4's and 2 E1e/Aleph2's, on R123 Li-Ions (need 10 of those as well), also on neck lanyards.
    All my lights have SF F04 "beamshaper" diffusers on them, protects the ends as well as makes for a great flood, scattering light in a holographic haze, more so than LDF lenses.

Welcome to flashaholics anonymous!...........
    Last edited by rikvee; 12-19-2005 at 09:51 PM.
    How much current flows through your bulb?

Most of the time anymore I'm carrying my L4 on a VG body, clipped in my left hand front pocket. Spare batteries are in a carrier in my backpack, or for last-ditch use there's always 2 in my X5T..
    I love my Al-PD

Flashaholic*

I always have the E1e+Kl1 locked out and carried in a SAK leather sheath.
    At work I have one of the full sized lights locked out and carried in a Nite-Ize Pock-Its.
    There's always a G2 with a LOTC ready to go in a coat pocket.
    I carry other lights on keychains, in my Fatboy and in pockets depending on what I'm doing or as the mood strikes.
    "Show them a light, and they'll follow it anywhere..."

Flashaholic

On duty, it's a pelican m6 3w in the supplied pelican holster with the extra space for two spare batteries.
    Off duty, it's an Inova X1 in the supplied holder, supplimented by any number of lights from my collection after dark. The supplimental light is usually in a jacket pocket. I don't carry any with the tail cap locked out. Too bothersome for me.

Flashaholic*
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England

the Inova X1 (soon to be replaced by the Fenix L1) lives in the bottom of my right front pocket, below my wallet, set to momentary mode
    the Inova X5 is in my Pock-Its holster attached to my belt, LOTC is on
    the SureFire 6P is in the other pocket in the holster, LOTC on

the X5 holds the spares for the 6P, i also have a fully loaded SC-1 in my PowerBook bag (6 123's and a P61)

Flashaholic

I prefer to carry one L1 or E2L in a pocket closed with velcro or something so its safe (it could go a bit slower when needing it but I like the feeling that I wont loose it if I so got turned upside down), I carry my Charge Ti in the same manner. I do this on a daily basis whenever I go somewhere and I think that this way is very discret (important for me, personel preference), but if the occasion calls for holsters of course I use it. Perhaps when I must have the flashlight more easily accesible. When not carrying the L1 or E2L I have the Kl1 with the Vital Gear body hanging with my keys. Sometimes 2 x123 is to big and I just want to have one smaller light, thats when this combination come in handy. This configuration (KL1 + VG FB1 body) is smaller then the E1 for instance. But I only use that in urban areas, going outdoor will call for at least the E2L or similar. But I am thinking of using the KL4 on a 1 x 123 body.. oups... perhaps of topic.

Another way on carrying my Charge Ti and L1 is in a combo pouch and then put it in my leg pocket. This way they both stick together and can whenever I need them be put on my belt. This is probarbly the best because that also protects my trousers. Earlier I carryed the SOG Power Lock. At the end its quite sharp and I could see that it did make some damage to the pocket.

Just buying the M3 CB I now carry the SC2 with place for 6 x 123. And one other thing, sometimes flashlights get turned on by mistake. I do this, that will take longer time, but again this is when just carrying it around. If I think I of any reason will be needing the light I do things differently. I take a bit of paper or something and put it between the batteries and the tailcap, this way the light cant be turned on. That feels safe and I know always that my flashligt will have the power I might need.

I carry a LUXIII pilled Minim*g on a standard M*g belt holster (using one up in about 6 months).

Spares are in an 8 battery case that also supplies my GPSr, left in the truck (my office).
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Flashaholic*

Keep my EDC (E2e) in a home made Kydex holster mounted on a Tek-Lok on the duty belt. As I usually work a 7 day week the duty belt almost seems permanently attached to me! When I'm not working (rarely these days) I usually carry the E2e in a jeans pocket.

Doug
    SFG2's x 2 SFG2z x1, E2e+KL1,E2e,Maglites: 1x2D with 1x3D original,1x2C,1x3C,3xAA's 2 with Opalec Newbeams, 1 with a Terrlux,1xAAA with MJLED ,Ix3C Propolymer SL,1x SL Stinger ,CMG Infinity (blue LED), CMG Ultra, 1x Black, Night Ops Gladius