How do you carry your light?

carrot

Flashaholic
A few questions I was wondering about:
What is your favorite way to carry your light, and why?
Secondly, if your light has a LOTC, do you put it into lock-out when you carry it, or do you leave it at momentary-on so you can quickly use it?
Third, how many spare sets of batteries do you carry for your light? On your person or in your bag?

cslinger

Enlightened
My EDC lights are all carried in my pocket. Not clipped just dropped in my pocket.

I always have a Peak Matterhorn AAA on my keychain and one of the other "real" lights with me.

Surefire E1L
HDS EDC Basic 60LE (99% of the time it is this one)
Inova T1

You will notice they are all small 1 cell lights. They all are very easy to simply pocket and go.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Holidays carrot!

An ArcAAAr4 is always in my pocket. I carry an extra lithium cell for it in my backpack.

Work, in which I lug around my backpack. My current configuration is an E2D, not locked out, and a 6P+A19+KL3 locked out. One fully stocked SC3 spares carrier. I use an A19 extender so if I need to reload the 3 cell KL3 platform in the field I can do so in the 2 cell configuration and still have a reload for my E2D.

Casual around the town stuff. E2 platform strapped to my belt or in my pocket. If the cells are fresh I don't carry batteries or if they (the cells) got significant use or I'm pack'n MNO3 lamps I carry a reload in a modified orange Walmart match carrier.

If its dark I unlock the tailcaps.

kelmo

Flame

Newly Enlightened
I made a few leather holsters to wear on my belt.

I also carry a Dorcy AAA in my pocket or on a neck lanyard.

Holsters_small.jpg

Lexus

Enlightened
HDS U42 and ARC-P in right front pocket, Gladius in right back pocket. Three spare 123's, wrapped in a plastic bag, carried in front left pocket.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The 1-celled lights I have go in my pocket. I think it was Paul_in_Maryland who suggested stashing a light in a coat pocket, so I'm doing that also during the winter. If I'm outdoors, I use a lanyard and tie my lights to my belt.

I have an ArcAAA on my keychain (in other pocket).
Larger lights go in my pack, or if I'm out for a quick run, in my pocket.

BigBaller

Enlightened
Arc AAA loose in right front pocket, L4 in lock out position clipped in left pocket. Six spare 123s in SF carrier in glovebox.

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a KL4 Mod , DB600/TYOK on a E2HA Body/Z57 NOT locked out in a self made copy of a "Leatherworks companion" sheath .

207_0796.jpg

207_0795.jpg

I also carry a TW4 in my jacket pocket .

In my Rucksack I have a SF 6P with a G&P 3W drop-in , Z59 tailcap locked out and a full SC1 spares carrier with a P60 lamp .

... and of course I have a ARC AAA on my key ring . :D

Kenny

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now wearing L1P on belt. I'm secure in my flashaholism.

IMO it's too bulky for the pants pocket. Also there is the danger of the unscheduled cleaning via washing machine if it slips your mind. The jacket pocket carry works well except for the times you're not wearing your jacket, or you're not wearing the jacket that has the light in it if you own multiple jackets.

I don't use the twist lockout idea, but would if the switch wasn't recessed.

I only carry spare batteries in the car (4 pack), unless I'm hiking, then a carry a 12 pack of AA's as backups for flashlight, FRS, and GPS (one battery size for all concept).

VWTim

Enlightened
First of all. Nice Ritter Grip Mountain....

I carry a 33Mcd'd Solitaire in my left pocket, lately a River Rock 2xAAA cliped in my right pocket. And I carry a Streamlight TL-2 in a custom pouch from www.wildbillsconcealment.com Spare 123's are in the glovebox.

metalhed

Enlightened
It usually changes depending on my mood, but right now:

Arc AAA -- on house keychain, left pocket

Amilite NeoT3 -- on belt hanger that came with it, hanging in left pocket

Arc 4 -- Belt pouch w/ extra battery (QIII pouch works great)

Original Firefly MM750T -- on car keychain, right pocket

(2 additional batteries in multi-tool pouch on belt -- total extra batts carried (3))

BTW, the EDC question is my site's weekly poll question...might want to check in and vote there, as well.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly the longbow micra in front jeans pocket.
sometimes I will put 2 spare 123's inside a short piece of vinyl tubing (too keep them from marking the OD HA coating on the light)
At work I will carry the Q3 instead of the Micra.

rikvee

Enlightened
I have no doubt that there would be no-one else who goes to work with 6 1AA cut down MiniMags, all on neck lanyards, 4 layers of pvc tape around the end for holding the tail between my teeth, all with Luxeon pills.
A long day of setting up sound systems and mixing live music in darkened venues can be 14 hours straight or more, and I'll go through 4 or 5 14500 Li-Ion batteries, already inside lights, no time to fiddle at the gig, I leave that to the musos....
There's always batteries on the charger(s), I run a total of 10 14500's. :)
If the whole lot is out of action, out come 4 E1e/KL4's and 2 E1e/Aleph2's, on R123 Li-Ions (need 10 of those as well), also on neck lanyards.
All my lights have SF F04 "beamshaper" diffusers on them, protects the ends as well as makes for a great flood, scattering light in a holographic haze, more so than LDF lenses.

Welcome to flashaholics anonymous!........... :aaa:

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time anymore I'm carrying my L4 on a VG body, clipped in my left hand front pocket. Spare batteries are in a carrier in my backpack, or for last-ditch use there's always 2 in my X5T..

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have the E1e+Kl1 locked out and carried in a SAK leather sheath.
At work I have one of the full sized lights locked out and carried in a Nite-Ize Pock-Its.
There's always a G2 with a LOTC ready to go in a coat pocket.
I carry other lights on keychains, in my Fatboy and in pockets depending on what I'm doing or as the mood strikes.

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
On duty, it's a pelican m6 3w in the supplied pelican holster with the extra space for two spare batteries.
Off duty, it's an Inova X1 in the supplied holder, supplimented by any number of lights from my collection after dark. The supplimental light is usually in a jacket pocket. I don't carry any with the tail cap locked out. Too bothersome for me.

Latest posts