How serious is your flashaholism?

How serious is your flashaholism?

• I have a few flashlights I really enjoy. Mild.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I have 5 - 7 flashlights that I can use. Moderate

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • I have 8 - 12 flashlights and running out of reasons to buy more. Serious

Votes: 63 37.3%
  • You do NOT wanna know. Head case / in debt over it / I can't stop.

Votes: 43 25.4%

• Total voters

tron3

Banned
Flashaholics come in all shapes and sizes...so here is a serious poll to find out exactly what our demographics are like.

I am noted for having polls that say, "A true flashaholic ... Let's get him!" option.
I love that humorous option and will be omitted, but you can still post if you want to get me.
:bump:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thankfully not in debt. . .yet. :D The new customs all hitting at the same time does put dent in my "other project" fund. (Gatlight, Smart, Spy005, FM 3.5' heads)

I do like the 5-7 option. I usually have about that many on me at any given time. :naughty:

-LT

tron3

Banned
Lunal_Tic said:

I do like the 5-7 option. I usually have about that many on me at any given time. :naughty:

-LT

Geeze, you are like the Hero's of any first person shooter game. All these weapons, but you wonder where they keep them all.

:sssh: :lolsign:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it bad..
My original intention was to have better lights to work with, and some lithium powered ones to leave in the cars in the cold.. It didn't work like that..
I built a shelf in my bedroom to house my lights, each night before retiring I choose the two lights that will be on my bedstand, and make sure all the others have their writing facing outward and evenly spaced, This often involves slippers in the snow to retrieve what ever light(s) happen to be in the car or truck.
In the morning I return the bedside lights, realign them all and choose my daily carries..
My wifes EDC is different.. That never leaves her purse, but I'll tell you, I am certainly tempted..

tron3

Banned
greenLED said:
Mine is not about buying lights. In any case... severe :crazy: :)

I voted moderate. But after recounting in my head, I am a serious case.

I didn't count everything - only since I started collecting, but when I count them up...geeze...I really do have more than I thought. Boy is my face red. :crazy:

Unless I get rid of a few, I can't buy a Fenix L1P without becoming a head case. :mecry:

Learjet

Enlightened
I have over a dozen but I'm not a serious flashaholic. ;)

A couple of the incans are over 25 years old but I keep them going. Mainly so my car mechanic doesn't get dirt, grease and oil all over my new ones. :)

I can stop any time I want. Really. I didn't buy a flashlight yesterday for instance. Starting to get withdrawl today though. Must resist... must not buy another.... don't really need it..... :D

Blazer

Enlightened
Pydpiper said:
This often involves slippers in the snow to retrieve what ever light(s) happen to be in the car or truck.

...and I thought I was the only one. :crazy:

BTW, as much as I love my wife she could never appreciate a flashlight like I could so she doesn't get an EDC. Even if I tried to convince her she'd forget about it when she needed it most. There's one in each vehicle (3D Mag) and hopefully she'd remember it if she needed it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm O.K. I'm good. No problem here.

I joined a 12 step program here at CPF. Every step involved buying a new flashlight.

That's how they are supposed to work, right?

Some people here are out of control, over the top, but not me. No sir.

tron3

Banned
greenLED said:
Mine is not about buying lights. In any case... severe :crazy: :)

You should modify your avatar. Instead of a lantern emblem, a luxeon. I'm sure you can find pics on the net.

The Green Luxeon

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I voted "serious", but I don't have any high-dollar lights. The nicest light I've purchased it probably my SL 4AA Lux. Also put a 3W lux in an old 3-D Mag. Then I have a couple of inexpensive lights from Emilion as well as a RR 2AAA. I'm too @#$@ cheap to get anything too expensive. I'm sorely tempted to get either the L1P or the Amilite. Also wouldn't mind getting one of the Nuwai 5W that Amondotech has.

DT

Safety1st

Enlightened
I think there are two types..(possibly three)....

There are the ones who 'collect' to view, show off, admire..

Then there are those who collect to use...

I'm in the later variety...

I have flashlights for walking my dog in the woods at night....one for my home....one for my vehicle....and one that I use as my 'cop' light at work...

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
tron3 said:
Geeze, you are like the Hero's of any first person shooter game. All these weapons, but you wonder where they keep them all.

:sssh: :lolsign:

Well my favorite is the one pair of Sportiva 911 (not Royal Robbins 511 though those are ok too) pants that I own. After that it's my waist pack and the belt that supports it. :D I was looking for a previous post I made on the subject but it's not to be found.

-LT

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for 4. Have to. Got more than a dozen lights.

Not that there's anything wrong with me. No sir. I'm perfectly normal.
:whistle: