Dorcy AAA Rev2 circuit.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if this is the correct area for this thread but It is the driver circuit.

dorcyRev2a.jpg

I don't have the data on the transistors yet but I'm guessing here based on other similar circuits.

The basic circuit is not very bright and I think the R2 resistor is the limiter from what I remember on other circuits.

This is the first use of the Open Office (dot) org vector drawing program so I couldn't render components correctly yet.

legtu

Enlightened
Check out this site and browse through the brinkman circuit. :)

Btw, this should fit more on the flashlight electronics section. ;)

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that site bookmarked and was why I made some "guesses" like the value of C1 and the polarity of the transistors. The electronic section looked like mostly batteries and chargers and I saw some driver circuits here. I was going to post there first but decided here. If a moderator thinks moving it would be best then have at it.

Edit: On further review it seems I botched the transistors. A revision is coming.

Circuit correct now. Transistors polarity fixed.

Last edited:

Fletch

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Dorcy with this circuit and there doesn't seem to be as much info about this one as the previous generation circuit...

Is there a relatively simple way to mod this to run a little higher current? Like maybe 75mA or more? Maybe swap a resistor?

I'm not an electronics guy, so I don't even understand how this one works. It doesn't even look like there is a driver chip in there. Anyone care to give a quick non-technical explanation as to how this one works? Thanks