sad today

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im me im raggie i sit her missing my mom .im getting old not many pople loved me in this life .yet i sit here wishing only wishing for someday a person to love me i look at the clock it clcicks i look at the wall it fades.i recall watching my mom say to my sister she said its you and me agasist the world i recall sitting there thinking (whats about me)i am not well today. i recall thinking someday some one will love me ive got older now!i know just want to be liked im so afraid .im afraid ill spend all my days im afraid no one likes me.i got to many thoughts in head today im raggie dont worry ill be ok but i dream some day some one will love me .

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Feeling a little down today Raggster? Go out on the front porch and scream "Chubbaflub" at the top of your lungs three times. Guaranteed to make you feel better!

h_nu

Enlightened
raggie,

Believe me, sometimes we don't notice signs that are obvious to someone else. People have told me about others who were interested in me or that they noticed hints that I didn't pick up on until too late. Maybe you will see the signs soon. I still have to work on getting a clue to this and most of the rest of life.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, this is the time of year that a lot of people get sad, particularly single people like us who may feel lonely at times. It seems around Christmas and the New Year's people do a somewhat inaccurate and rather harsh appraisal of themselves. I was feeling pretty melancholy today but then I tried to think of the good things in my life and that made me feel better. Like I'm going up to visit my parent's this weekend. My mom is only going to be with us for a very short period of time but I still got my dad and my brother and sister and some nieces and nephews that sort of look up to me a little bit. I know you got your dad and your sister and I hope some other family members as well. Just cause you're not married doesn't mean there aren't any people in this world who don't love you. I'm very sorry about your mother. When I think of my mom currently in latter stages of lung cancer, I sometimes think I'll be strong and get thru it ok and other times, I wish it could be me instead.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry you're feeling down, Raggie...I miss my parents too. :( (They both passed away pretty young)

Edit: I just saw you do have your dad and sister...that's great! Spend as much time with them as you can. When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, it just about killed me. I felt about like I died! :(

Take care...

JM-99

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hi Raggie,

One thing I've learned over time is to never say never. Life is full of twists and turns, and sometimes when you're positive that something can never, ever happen, suddenly it does! And then you eventually wind up saying to yourself what was I thinking back then!

Your heart is so good, Raggie... someday the right person will bump into you and see that.

:grouphug:

HighLight

Enlightened
Raggie don't be afraid and never ever give up hope. This time of the year many many people the world over feel despondant, depressed, lonely, unloved, etc, etc. You look at TV this time of year and all you see is happiness and joy. Family get to gethers, happy children opening gifts, husbands and wives, girlfriends and boyfriends curling up by the fireplace. and if your life isn't perfect than its all too easy to feel despondant. But Raggie if you sit back and truly look at yourself you can realize that there are always people who are much much worse off than you. You are alive. You can get up this morning and look at the sunrise. you can watch the sunset. Are you mobile? Maybe you can help others in some way. Can you volunteer? While I am not an overly religious person at one point in time when my life was particularily rough I turned to religion and it worked for me at the time. While I don't know anything about your current situation I'm sure if you look hard you will see your blessings. You have access to a computer and the internet can be a wonderful window to the world. You are lucky to have access to it. Thats one blessing there Raggie and I don't even know you. I've read your previous posts and it seems you have a wonderfful sense of humour. I don't even know you and already I can see two things you have going for you. You arn't afraid to admit your true feelings to the public..thats another blessing you have Raggie! I can sense you have a lot going for you Raggie. It's just this time of year its hard for you to see them. Take care man and hang in there. Your going to have happier days.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry you are feeling sad Raggie.

I don't know if this helps or harms; 25 years ago I was kind of where you are: Lonely and sad, especially around the holidays, even though I still had both of my parents.

Then when I decided that a loving relationship, or even people who cared about me beyond what was required beyond business relationships or familial relationships was never going to happen.

And when I finnaly quit even wanting it, it happened.....

Unfortunately.

Now, I'd 'pay extra' to be in a position where I COULD be lonely.

So, think positively about the life you do have. The very thing that you think you want most might turn out to make your life very unhappy.

Being 'footloose and fancy free' as they used to say in the old days, is IMHO, worth the tradeoff of being occasionally lonely.
------------------------ --------

But then, I'm weird.

When Dr. Frankenstein built me, Igor took the easy way out and stole the brain from the jar marked "Abbie ........something".

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Hey, raggie! We all have "good" and "bad" days, that's OK. I also get the blues during Christmas, but it always gets better. Hey, starting today, the days are getting longer!! :)

There's tons of people out here who love and care about you. :grouphug: Be well, be happy.

Jumpmaster said:
When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, it just about killed me. I felt about like I died! :(
I know that feeling. :mecry:I'm really sorry about your dad (and your mom, raggie).

Macaw

Enlightened
I hope you feel better soon Raggie. I have times when I feel similar to what you describe. I have my Parrots to keep me company. They really help to brighten my days.. and then they poop. They fill my home with the sounds of life.. Then they poop. They make me laugh with their funny antics and mimicry.. Then they poop.
They give me unconditional love.. Then they....Well, you get the picture..
Jeez! I need someone to help me clean up the poop!!!:help:

Seriously, I pray your heart will be lifted soon. You are still so young, so much life still ahead. God bless..:)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im better this am i bey i was to tired i even turned on hear last night but its to hot in here now. its 64 so im to hot i even have fan on ty for all ya kind words everyone

sniper

Enlightened
Macaw said:
I have my Parrots to keep me company. They really help to brighten my days.. and then they poop. They fill my home with the sounds of life.. Then they poop. They make me laugh with their funny antics and mimicry.. Then they poop.
:crackup: Life is like that!

Hang in there, Raggie! It will pass. But somehow, I don't think birds would be the answer to your problem. :)

Can you call a family member, and tell them you are sad, and talk to them for just a minute or two, and tell them that you appreciate them?

See if you can find an old movie or three..."Christmas Story" comes to mind, or one of the Pink Panther series, or Abbott and Costello. Low humor, I know, but just the thing to cause a belly laugh or two.

Just remember, you are a unique and interesting person.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Raggie, I sent you a PM, I hope it helps and I have no problem letting others know that I Love You Raggie and you are never really alone.
Topper

Santelmo

Enlightened
Hello again Raggie!

Yup, maybe it is that time again of the year when people do feel a whole lot sadder and those like us (single) feel rather alone and therefore "unloved". But guess what? Because you had the chance to be born in this world, that means you have what it takes to care and LOVE for someone. It's a given in this life and it's as normal as breathing the air around us. Oh sure, things can get REALLY nasty most of the time, but it's the "loving" that makes a lot more sense and makes it all better.

The best part about about it is that when we give love, we always have it return back to us. Heck, its more natural (easier and faster) to smile back at someone rather than answer with a frown! Its all just a matter of time though. Just be patient. It will come in its own BEST time, which will work out for you in the long run.

Don't give up on the "loving" because the it will come back to you, maybe even oodles of it!

Merry Christmas!

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Raggie,

I know from previous threads that you've got a new doctor and councilor, and dealing with public places and new people stresses you out. That makes meeting people difficult.

I had a very depressing time right after high-school where all my friends went away to college out of state and I never saw most of them again. I was working a miserable third-shift job stocking the freezer section at a grocery store, and I was commuting downtown to college during the day. Since I was living at home, and not the dorms, and working alone at night, I never met anybody. Even though we were all in the same house, I never saw my parents either. What made it worse was that I knew my old friends were living in dorms and meeting people and making new friends.

At the large college I drove to, I never saw the same people twice in my classes. This was way back in 1992, before anybody knew about the Internet, and I didn't even have online friends to talk with like we do here.

Being alone was bad, but feeling like there was nothing I could do to meet people and fix my loneliness was worse. I'm thinking that's what's bothering you.

Maybe you could ask your councilor if there are any groups or meetings for people with the same problems and challenges that you have? Joining a group like that would be scary, but if everyone had similar backgrounds, everybody ought to be nice, and no one should judge you. Perhaps you could help other people in similar situations that don't know as much about computers or the Internet as you do. That would give you a chance to make some friends in your area, or meet someone "special".

If you like that idea, make it a New Year's resolution to ask your councilor about it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
doing better today but pc is makeing me mad i got a 300 gig drive for xmas and i resinstalled windows to make a clean install a course microsoft made me reautcate it again grr then i ran nortons ghost incase i install again but when i tryied to use ghost to tet the image it put it all back on dirve but now thinks it s 30 gig drive grrr

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah what a pain it is maybe it is realy haunted i like my hardrive though

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol topper o i forgot to say dad is comeing over sunday to take me out to eat we figure they be very empty so i wont be to nervess.but there may be nothing open either lol