• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Caribbean vs Mediterranean

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened
Trying to understand the differences between these two lights. Both 5 star rated, how do you decide which one to get for EDC?

Thanks,
P7rancher:thanks:

onthebeam

Enlightened
Very similar. The Caribbean is a bit smaller. The head is the same width as the body at .78 inch. The Med. has a bigger head at .98 inch. Some say it dissapates heat better with the bigger head but I only have the Carib. Your best bet is to compare the reviews for these lights, both 5 star, at flashlightreviews.com.

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
i don't onw the mediterranean but i own the caribbean. the larger head of the mediterranean will give you more throw, while the caribbean will be less throw but more balanced between throw & flood.

if you intend to keychain this light, like i do, then the carib might be more comfy than the medit. otoh, some buy the 2AA body for the medit and slide it into a holster, and the medit's larger head makes it more suited for that. also i believe the larger head of the medit might make it easier to operate one handed. the smaller head of hte caribbean makes it difficult to operate one handed.

i bought the carib because i wanted to keychain my light and went for as small as possible. hope this helps =)