Thread: The CPF logo...

Flashaholic*

Default The CPF logo...

It just became a decorated suppository!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The CPF logo...

And right before my eyes too! Tripped me out!

Merry Christmas ya'll!
    -Will-

Sorry, I have retired from flashlight modding, I do not offer machining services, & I do not make custom flashlights. Thank you for your understanding.

My Mod Archive

I thought something was different, now I know what it is, thanks

With all due respect, after the holidays. it really could use a redesign. Perhaps a contest. . .
    Orb Raw NS (UWOJ), VB-16 (Fourth Edition SSC), Fenix L1T 2.0 Rebel, MTE C2 70601, Liteflux LF2 (SSC P4), Fenix L0P-SE (SSC mod), Amilite Neo T5, Peak Caribbean (Seoul), Jetbeam CL-E 1.2, Fenix L2P (Nekomane CR2 mod), JIL CR2 1.3 (Up), Sam's Element, Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon AA.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebeam
    With all due respect, after the holidays. it really could use a redesign. Perhaps a contest. . .
    Absolutely. I was thinking that myself.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Won't that obsolete the logo'd T-shirts and sweatshirts?
    Veni vidi velcro

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler
    Won't that obsolete the logo'd T-shirts and sweatshirts?
    Not to mention my polo!

Larry
    So much for not being able to find my happy a** with both hands and a flashlight! (Do not look into Tank Searchlight with remaining eye!)

Flashaholic*

It changed again!

Yeah, I noticed that an hour or two ago.
    Veni vidi velcro

I like our standard CPF Pill just fine!
    -"Must control self"-

I like the holiday motif. I'm kinda ambivalent about the logo in general. It's served us well for a long time and could probably stand some updating, but on the other hand there's all those embroidered goods out there with the current logo...
    Veni vidi velcro

Flashaholic*

Yup, thats are good old CPF Suppository, or as someone said once
    Buttpill

By all means post suggestions for alternative CPF logos. I'm sure that CPF Staff can take a look to see whether or not they are any good.

Personally since I've got a CPF baseball cap I don't have any desire to have the logo changed...
    Perhaps if everybody purchased CPF logo gear we'd all feel more attached to our logo?

I have a CPF rat pad (or rat mat for those of you in the UK), a CPF hat, and several CPF shirts...I for one would be rather saddened to have them go obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by The_LED_Museum
    I have a CPF rat pad (or rat mat for those of you in the UK), a CPF hat, and several CPF shirts...I for one would be rather saddened to have them go obsolete.
    I don't think they would necessarily go obsolete, but rather become classics. Companies change their logos to usher in new designs or markets. I also am in favor of a new logo. The blue pill logo is ok, but doesn't really say "flashlights" to me. If I were not familiar with our forum and saw someone wearing a CPF t-shirt, I would not have any idea what it represented. A guy that is into candles? With all the creative ideas that were posted for the SPY 005 light, I'm sure one of the more artistic members here could come up with a great design. I'll even go so far to buy the winner a t-shirt and coffee cup for the new adopted design. I'm sure we could still have the other design on the Cafe Press site, but also add the new logo as well.

So, what do the admins think? If we are willing to update the logo, the winning designer will get a t-shirt and coffee cup for them purchased by me. Thanks for the consideration,

RadarGreg
    RadarGreg
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Soldier. If you can read this in the dark, thank a Flashaholic."

Don't you dare touching that logo guys!
    It has identity, it is us. You don't mess with history when it crosses your path

Or do you see Mercedes change their logo very often?

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling
    Don't you dare touching that logo guys!
    It has identity, it is us. You don't mess with history when it crosses your path

Or do you see Mercedes change their logo very often?

bernie
    Bernie, yes. But Mercedes logo does stand the test of time, just as does that of the New York Times for example. The CPF logo is worthy effort and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But, it looks dated already with a Photoshop filter-happy look. True that design and logos are subjective but if you showed this to 10 professional designers, respectfully, the logo wouldn't get enough positive feedback. It doesn't look totally professional. Sorry to be frank, and I understand that good care and creativity went into it.
    Last edited by onthebeam; 12-28-2005 at 07:10 AM.
    Orb Raw NS (UWOJ), VB-16 (Fourth Edition SSC), Fenix L1T 2.0 Rebel, MTE C2 70601, Liteflux LF2 (SSC P4), Fenix L0P-SE (SSC mod), Amilite Neo T5, Peak Caribbean (Seoul), Jetbeam CL-E 1.2, Fenix L2P (Nekomane CR2 mod), JIL CR2 1.3 (Up), Sam's Element, Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon AA.

Hey onthebeam ... I was only half-serious

Seriously though I think consistency is an important factor, and the logo makes me and I guess a lot of those who have been here a certain time feel at home, professional looking or not, I do not care.

I am always open to suggestions about a face-lift, but I doubt it will be well-received by the long-term members. Feel free to try though, no harm done!

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Don`t forget, that it is not the original logo. That would be this one:

Not really an original design either, but rather just personalising things - I designed that one based on the standard "Ultimate Bulletin Board" image that was there before. And that one might have been based on some other public domain graphic that has been around for who knows how long? I`m sure I saw that exact "glass pill" design elsewhere once.

Torches for sale - including many rare and collectable SureFire and Arc models
    Please see http://torchreviews.net for more details. List updated regularly.

Sorry guys (and gals) but I've thought that logo needed to go from my first day here.
    Like RadarGreg said, it just doesn't say flashlights to me.
    "Notorious collector of things that glow, shine, or blink"
    CPF # 9435