Show me that new Christmas torch

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
What did ya get? Tell us about your new torch, MP3, TV, video game, knife, gun, or anything else other than boring old clothes.

Merry Christmas

Topper

Flashaholic*
I only got two lights this year but both are very special to me. A ball cap made by Panther vision that has two LEDS mounted in the brim my wife found at Lowes (first and likely last flashlight from my wife)"I was at Lowes and thought who in the world would want something stupid like that? So I got it for you" and a MM AAA one of my CPF pals sent me. Any gifts from a CPFer is super special to me. I also made out very well on Hot Sauce--ELEVEN Bottles of Hot Sauce no duplicates 3 made with Habanero's one Scotch Bonnet that I think is just a Habanero grown in Jamaica? I know nobody wants to hear about boring clothes but I thought this one T-shirt was worth mentioning. I opened a box with my standard "Hey cool a black T-shirt Great" My Son was quick to correct me. "That's not just a T-shirt Dad. That's "UNDER ARMOUR" its what the Pros use" I could tell by the excitement in his voice that indeed this was not a lowly T-shirt without a pocket it was something to behold in awe. I guess akin to "it's not a flashlight it's a "SureFire" it's what the Pros use". I hope everyone got something a little special. Merry Chirstmas?? You bet it was.
Topper

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My family is doing presents tomorrow, but I'm eagerly awaiting my long sleeve Under Armour. I'm wearing one right now, and LOVE them. You'll really like it, Topper. It's definatly the Surefire of clothing.

filkergem

Newly Enlightened
I got a number of lights this year. My stepdaughter gave me a set of three 2-AA-powered plastic LED lights - one white, one yellow, and one red (I think it came from Target), my wife gave me a nice laser level, and also a Peak CPF Special 2005! (Yes, I told her about it - fortunately, I thought to warn her in advance just how small it is. The CPF Special is sweet! Anyone have advice on how to mark it so that it is likely to come back to me if I drop it? I saw the advice about paper with name and address inside - I plan on that. Can I safely use a sharpie on the RCR123A batteries?

Oh, and on the clothing - I did get two nice shirts from my wife and stepdaughter, as well as a nice new gi from my folks, with the promise of a second one when we know which is the right size.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Navck: Take a look at "Xmas present for whom "Santa Forgot"! Thread

No new torch here, just couple little tools to make them though!

brc61ob.jpg

Seig C6B-550 lathe

brx26nb.jpg

Seig X2 Mini-Mill

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Those are great toys, modamag. Hope Santa did not get a hernia carrying it in. I figure that's more than 500 lbs between them!

That 'left out' conribution is a nice idea too.

Merry Christmas.

Daniel

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I didn't want much this year and therefor didn't get anything too interesting. Clothing, food, drink, a couple of books, and a cord for the Milwaukee Magnum I bought off eBay and repaired.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
xmas92.jpg

My housemate and best friend gave me this telephone for Christmas. :santa:

My stepmother in California sent some winter clothes, a pair of house slippers, a pair of Sketchers tenny shoes, and a "piano snowman" (which will be on my website shortly because it has LEDs in it); and my mother in Alaska sent some homemade fruitcake, some homemade Christmas ornaments for the tree, and a check for $300.00. :party: :santa: :party:

Last edited:

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a River Rock 2AAA from someone I knew at my church. I got him a Nite Ize Mini Mag drop in. (Just what he wanted) :) Funny thing was that I knew I was probably getting a River Rock light as he bought out an entire stock of them
RR2AAA.jpg

RR2AAAhold.jpg

Also got a bit kit for my Charge TI
BitKit.jpg

This was an early Christmas present (got it at the beginning of December) but useful for my electronic projects.
solderingstation.jpg

WES51 Soldering Station. I thought about getting the WTCPT first but decided to get this one as if I needed a different temp, I didn't have to change the tips.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got new maxtor 300 gig maxtor 16 mb cache hardrive and some new cloths rustler jeans i relay havnet had new jeans ina long long time i always buy em used kinda dont wanna where the new ones yet lol alos got some new socks im glad since i lose socks all the time. got some hickory farms but lol my dad aite some of it before he gave it to me lol .i didnt spend xmas with whole family cause it still dont like being around to many people

bexteck

Enlightened
No torches for me, I was the one giving them out. Yellow G2 for mom's purse, and Nuwai TM-301X-3 for dad to use while hunting. I did recieve an unexpected present from my 15 year old brother. A windproof lighter from EMS. Link is below. The thing that surprised me the most was how small it was. Most of the plastic lighters you see are quite large, but this one is smaller than a standard zippo. Unfortunately I had purchased a similar lighter before christmas for myself, which should be waiting for me when I return to school. Now I guess I have one lighter to carry and one to stay in my emergency bag.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The only flashlight I got this year was a writing pen with an RGB led and some lightguides in the barrel It makes a neat light show. The neatest part is the beam that (incidently) shoots out the top.

swirl.jpg

Daniel

simbad

Enlightened
No torches this time under the tree, but this is one of my new gadgets
SpacePen001.jpg

And I found the perfect place to carry my new Space Pen :naughty:
SpacePen.jpg

Last edited:

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
These were my two main gifts. Actually I got three (!) of the wind up lights. Two from my mom, and one from my aunt. I have two lights from the christmas giveaway, but they were sent to my dorm room, which is 800 miles away from where I am now, home.