What can I do with a Brinkman Legend?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Brinkman Legend (Bass Pro Shops brand) for Christmas. What kind of mods can be done to it? It looks and behaves very much like a Minimag, so can all the same mods apply? I only took a quick peek, but it does not have that same round black lamp holder thng I usually pry up with my finger tips. Instead it's has a white thing that looks more difficult to pry up. Just figured I'd ask before I rip it apart. :D Thanks.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
i have a nite ize drop in in one of mine but the reflector doesnt fit. the reflector doesnt do much except for some extra spill. the white bulb base comes out through the tail end. just takes the batts out and push it down. it is held in with a c clip

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Sinjz, If it's the Legend 2AA that you've got, you can PUSH the white insert out of the light... inside there's a retaining clip that will give with some gentle tapping topside. What I do is use a dowel or similar object that's just a bit smaller in diameter than the white plastic insert... give it one sharp tap with a hammer, then a few more gentle taps... at that point you should either be able to push it the rest of the way by hand force alone, or reach in from the bottom with a hooked wire, longnose pair of pliers, or whatever, then grab the retaining ring to pull out... after that the white insert ought to drop out on its own, and if you didn't break it, it's replaceable later! :)

Anyway, good luck to you and hope this helps. Shoot me a PM if you need to send it over to the Milky Labs for a little, er, persuading, heh heh... :naughty: