Garrity conversion Q

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely! I have one with an RGB LED, one with a red LED and one with a very nice and bright (for its size) green/cyan LED. A 3mm LED is a drop in... just trim the leads to the proper length and you're good to go. A 5mm LED would require the reflector be drilled out which would be a major pain on that particular light.

I love how they feel... very weighty and solid. For a while, the green/cyan one was my favorite 'around the house' light but the clickie switch is less than robust. I currently have three on the shelf and one doesn't work exactly as intended... the click sequence is on>on>on>off. But it's 100% consistant in that pattern. I've got a total of 5 of them and two had to be replaced within a month or so so I wouldn't count on it as my only light... of course, that's usually not a problem here on CPF.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need to take the head apart to use a 3mm LED... Just unscrew the head, pull the bulb holder thing out of the bezel/reflector, pull out the incand bulb and replace it with the LED with properly trimmed leads.

No different than changing a dead incand bulb with another.