Is this a good light meter?

moraino

Enlightened
I spot this light meter on sale, the questions are:

Is REED a good name for light measuring equipments?
Does anyone have experience with this meter, is it accurate?

Here is the model: Reed K7020
http://www.calright.com/_coreModules/eShopping/productDetail.aspx?productMasterID=256

It is on sale here for $135.18 Canadian, so Canadian brethren pay attention if you don't have a light meter yet:
http://www.rpelectronics.com/

I hope someone tell me more about it before I head out to the store tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Henry

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Henry,

The specifications look good, but I do not know anything about that brand.

We are in the middle of testing a bunch of light meters, but it is too early to give any results. You can view our progress in the sticky thread at the top of this section. There is also some discussion about measuring light with light meters.

Tom

moraino

Enlightened
SilverFox said:
Hello Henry,

The specifications look good, but I do not know anything about that brand.

We are in the middle of testing a bunch of light meters, but it is too early to give any results. You can view our progress in the sticky thread at the top of this section. There is also some discussion about measuring light with light meters.

Tom

Thank you Tom,

I decide to hold my impulse to purchase my light meter untill next year. After all the meter isn't used by any of us. I rather use the one that is known of good quality and reliable.

I will buy a photo cell and team up the Fluke 87. That should give me a reference point of how bright the light I will be measuring. That will also help purchasing a HDS light. Yes, I want a HDS with 18650 tube. :santa:

It is a very valuable sticky thread that provides tons of information regarding light output measurement. Thanks to those who contributed.

Happy new year to everyone here in CPF. There is no place like CPF.

Henry

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
I been looking for one also. I like to get one I can hookup to the laptop and log the results over a period of time. I think I'll wait until the results are done from the testing.

Steve

moraino

Enlightened
ddaadd said:
If you are comfortable with ebay, and are patient, some deals can be found.
I just recieved this one today, good price on a nice unit, I'm pleased....

That looks more contemporary than the one I posted. I'll keep an eye on it.

Now I am waiting for Tom's result an also the new HDS tube. I am sure 2006 will be an exciting year for many new products.

Henry