Question abt M2 lamp assembly

my name is fake

Enlightened
I understand both the P60 & P61 are included for this package.

So, lets say you order one, I assume the one installed will be the P60 and the P61 will be loose right?

If I have a C2, will it be worth it to get a M2 ? ( Not that I *need* another flashlight right now, more like...err...for collection...:) ) or should I just get a seperate P61 LA for my C2? Id like to have the extra lumens...

Thanks.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
my name is fake said:
I understand both the P60 & P61 are included for this package.

So, lets say you order one, I assume the one installed will be the P60 and the P61 will be loose right?

That's the way I remember it, but it was quite a while ago. It is very easy to swap them tho.

If I have a C2, will it be worth it to get a M2 ? ( Not that I *need* another flashlight right now, more like...err...for collection...:) ) or should I just get a seperate P61 LA for my C2? Id like to have the extra lumens..

That really depends on what you want from the light. Personally, I see the shock isolation as the major benefit of the "M" series lights. If you want/need it, then it is worth it. If not, maybe not...

-john

Edit: Oh, if you just want bright, you could consider getting one of the cell extenders for your light and jump right to a 9V LA like the P91...

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
If I remember correctly, the SureFire M2 only comes with the P60 lamp assembly, while the P61 is an option. Unless this has been changed by the manufacture and they now provide both.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire web site says the P61 is included:

Lamp assembly/Runtime - SureFire P60 xenon gas-filled lamp assembly with 65 lumens output for 60 minutes, or 120 lumens for 20 minutes with included P61 high output lamp assembly

-john

dougmccoy

Enlightened
The M2's sold in the UK have the P60's fitted in situ and a spare P61 for those who want the extra lumens. I assume that the M2's sold worldwide are packaged the same? Anyway the shock protection for the bulb (whatever one you fit) is excellent. The extra thickness of the M2 bezel is enough to prevent damage to the glass lens in most situations except severe abuse.

The only problem (?) I see with the M2 bezel is that due to the bulb being placed further back (to accomodate the shock isolation rubber) the sidespill is reduced compared to a C2 bezel. Whether this is an issue for you is down to personal preferences I guess?

Oh for what its worth I think the normal C2 bezel is more than adequate in the majority of situations and the smaller diameter makes holstering it easier.

Doug

CLHC

Flashaholic
John N said:
Surefire web site says the P61 is included:

Interesting. . .Since it says "or," did not say "and" as if it's included. But then again, maybe it is now.—And that would be a good thing!

Okay I just called SureFire and they say it does come with two (2) LAs. Wow! Another day of being lambasted!

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you already have the C2, then just purchase the shock-isolated bezel and a P61--you'll essentially have the M2. :)

bexteck

Enlightened
CHC said:
Not the one I had. . .

I sent an email to Surefire asking the question about the bulbs before purchasing my own M2 and recieved the following response on July 11, 2005.

Sir,
The M2 light comes with both the P60 and the P61 bulbs. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.

SureFire Technical Support

So as of last July, the M2 was being sold with both bulbs. Before or after then I cannot say.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased mine several years ago and I'm pretty sure it had both lamp assemblies.

-john