Night beamshots - Revision 2 ...

wquiles

Flashaholic
When I had the Gladius during the passaround, I took several several nightshots. This time around, I have the Striker-VG, so I figured it would be helpfull to post a second group of night photos.

Here are the lights used for this "event", in the same order they were recorded (some lights [like the 2C] look tilted - the chair is not "flat"):
IMG_2771.JPG

- SFA2 (first on LOW, then on HIGH), using MP700 rechargable cells
- UK4AA LED, standard Duracell Alkalines
- UX1L Direct Drive from PILA168S on a BOG reflector housing. This is the brightest 3W that I own and that I have tested so far.
- VB-16, first generation, TW0J, 18650 cell
- Striker-VG, from the passaround
- Custom 2C M*g with overdriven (1.2 to 1.3Amps!) WX1T Direct Drive (with 0.2Ohm) from two 18650 cells on massive b2eze cooper HS. This is the brightest 5W that I own and that I have tested so far.
- SF M6 LOLA. Yes, kind of out of this league of lights, even with the LOLA :crackup:

This time around I shot the lights twice, first on zoom, and then on wide angle. I of course had to pick a different exposure (longer) for the wide angle shots so that they would look to the eye close enough the the first group.

If you go here you should see all of the pictures. The group on top are with the zoom, the ones below are with the wide angle. Clicking on any of them will make them bigger. This time the larger images are only 800x600 for those who complained about images taking too long to load. If folks prefer me to go back to the 1024x768, please let me know ;)

EDIT: Fixed link to Thumbnails and re-loaded images at 1024x768 - still fast to load ;)

I should point out that the images are still not quite right, and that they still appear darker than in real life. I am getting a little bit more confortable with my Canon Rebel XT, but I am still not happy with the pictures :(

I hope this is helpfull ;)

Will

Last edited:

Macaw

Enlightened
I think my SL TL-3 now has SF M6 HOLA envy! Thanks for the link wquiles.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thanks Macaw. I just posted a nicer version of the second set of photos, which are a little bit closer to reality.

Will

Last edited: