Easy Printed Circuit Board Fabrication

wmpwi

Enlightened
Maybe this is old news for some of you, but it was new to me and I thought this was pretty interesting. I know I've seen some wicked hand made circuit boards carved with a Dremel or some other device ill suited to the task. This may be a workable solution to prototyping, though most electronics design is well beyond me. Nonetheless, here's Thomas P. Gootee's link:

http://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/gooteepc.htm

*Retired*
wmpwi said:
Maybe this is old news for some of you, but it was new to me and I thought this was pretty interesting. I know I've seen some wicked hand made circuit boards carved with a Dremel or some other device ill suited to the task. This may be a workable solution to prototyping, though most electronics design is well beyond me. Nonetheless, here's Thomas P. Gootee's link:

http://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/gooteepc.htm

The technique has been around since at least the very early 1990's. Some folks even sell a special paper which falls apart when put in water. With the right technique, you can make some amazing boards with this method.

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
I've done the old laser printer method. It works great, but I had to try a few brands of paper. The finished boards are good aswell... I haven't had any problems with tracks being too thick or thin.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the paper Newbie was referring to. It works quite well, and there are ways to minimize waste - which you want to do cuz it's not cheap.

Paul

wmpwi

Enlightened
I knew there were probably quite a few folks that knew about this method, as well as some improvements on the technique. Given some of pictures of hand fashioned boards I've seen, I figured there were quite a few others, like myself, who had no idea that this might be an easy alternative.