Rechargeable Batteries for a SF E2L?

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
Hey I picked pu a Surefire E2L a couple of days ago, and am wondering if there are any readily available rechargeable cells that will work properly in that light and not fry the led?

Also any links with good info regarding recharable compatibility would be greatly appreciated as lithium rechargeable batteries still seem a great mystery to me.:shrug:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Alien, go to "search" , then advanced search, and write in R123. Plenty of info about Lithion Ion cells. Also in search write in AW. He sells LiIon cells, and much info about their uses. E2L can be run on one two RCR123's, and one 17650 LiIon cell. Protected cells are better for E2L. Research, research. Range of voltage for head of E2L (called KL1 head) is 3-9volts. You can buy a extension batttery tube (one CR123 length) and use 3 primary CR123 cells, or two 17500 LiIon cells. Two LiIon cells, any length = about 8.4 volts fully charged. There are other sellers of LiIon cells. e-lectronics.net comes to mind. Need special chargers for LiIon cells. Good luck.

Bill

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, that was the information I needed, So I can use 2 R123s with the KL1 even though they are 3.7 volts each. thanks!