If money were no object, what lights would you get?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious... I have thought about this for some time. If money were no object, what light(s) would you get? I know a true flashaholics answer would be "all of them!" but I am talking about maybe up to 10 lights that you would absolutely want if they were free to you. I would pick: Surefire: 10x, 9AN, M6, M4, U2, A2, L5, L4, L2, Hellfire.(What can I say...I LOVE Surefires!!!!!)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.... That is a good question. I will probably own many many lights in the same category. Then I will narrow it down and keep the best 2 for my needs in each category.

When new lights come out, I would buy it, compare it to the two in its respective category and keep the best 2.

Curtis

Last edited:

hquan

Enlightened
I'd go with the DeathStar. That sucker's light is strong enough to vaporize planets!:naughty:

Seriously - I'd probably hire a professional who knows how to use the gladius (and various other things) to walk next to me and shine the way.:rock: After all, if I'm that rich, someone's gonna want me to "share the wealth".

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd load up on a few Surefire M6s, plus a couple SF KL6s.

SCblur

Enlightened
Let's see, if I could have ten free lights I would take ten M6's, sell nine of them and buy every other light surefire makes with the money i made.

...oh, and if I got three wishes, my third wish would always be for three more wishes... :laughing:

Is that cheating?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of those Surefire DARPA lights (U2 with 16 LEDs of different colors around the rim) with X bin emitter
LRI Proton HA-III, glass lens and K2 SWAH emitter (it can happen!)
HDS U85GT
Two Andrew Wynn's BAM with 4 SWAH K2 emitters running at 700mA each
McGizmos latest titanium creation
Two Peak Ocean AAA with SWAH K2 emitter
MillerMods 1.7 watt L1P with SWAH K2 emitter and two-stage switch

That makes 10 lights... from EDC keychain, 1AA lights, EDC lights, shelf queen, bicycle helmet/frame lights to running around in the desert lights. If you want to send me the above lights... PM me for address.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd commision a custom light that uses HDS Ultimate (or similar) programming, but uses 14500/AA batteries. With tritium all over the place, and a pocket clip that points bezel down.

Otherwise, I'd go with an HDS U85 and a McLux PD and let them fight it out for the rights to be in my pocket. I'll probably end up doing this anyway.

If money really were no object, I'd still only get a couple lights and spend the rest on knives.

Last edited:

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
i would get the Thor/Cyclops remade with an array of lux 3 LEDs (maybe 20-25), Powered copper heatsink around the reflector with a 150CFM fan, fuel cell power source,

edit: oh wait, "if money were no object" i would get every flashlight in every color out there plus i would have an extra house just to store them with thousands of spare parts to make new lights (see new thor above)

carrot

Flashaholic
SF Beast, DARPA, A2 HA-BK, U2, M3, M6
Gladius
HDS EDC 85XRGT
Then I'd give SF an enormous amount of money to make me a custom light... And have Henry of HDS make the regulation.
I'd EDC the Beast.

Edit: WTH, I forgot to include the Megaray. What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
not2bright said:
I'm thinking of two:

SF - Hellfire

And that incredible 3kw surplus tank light that has haunted me since I saw the pictures here.

I may know a place to buy your #1 choice.

But I'm sworn to secrecy though.

:devil: :devil: :devil: