Wait time for Orb Raw?

Praxis

Enlightened
I ordered a Raw from the guys at The Orb at the beginning of December. I figured it might take a while to arrive due to all the holiday mail and the international shipping. Now a month later, I'm going a little crazy waiting, really excited!

For those of you in the U.S. who have ordered from Orb in the past, how long did you have to wait for your light? How long should l wait before I need to worry that the package might have gone missing in the mail?

Thanks!!!

rscanady

Enlightened
it takes a while, if I recall correctly mine took about 4 weeks to get here.
Its an awesome little light though.

Ryan

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
i ordered one i think around end of dec, the web page and builder said it'l ship around after jan 20, due to break i think,

interesting to see in another post someone said it's due to lack of tritium ? i dunno but if that was the case one would presume they could still ship the non tritium ones? I presume they just needed a vacation

whenever mine comes i'll be happy they were upfront w/me about about the dates along w/the original threads

i never had one before but i am very anxious to get mine!!! it's just a cool light custom stuff takes time

going stir crazy waiting thou is the bad part worth it to have such a cool light!l

:)

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
"I am taking a break 4th Jan - 20th Jan."

Thats what Rob from Orb said on his Son of Raw thread. So you may not get it till into febuary, unless he already shipped of course... :devil:

-PSM

Macaw

Enlightened
I too am waiting for my copy of the RAW Ni. I figure I'll be lucky to get it some time in early Feb. I hope that it'll be worth the wait..

magic79

Enlightened
I ordered a Raw in mid-December and they emailed that it would "post right after Christmas", so I'm hoping it may be delivered this week.

Praxis

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'm not the only one waiting anxiously. Hopefully my Raw will arrive in the next couple weeks. If it isn't here by mid-late January I will be a little concerned.

pbs

Newly Enlightened
My order and payment were made on November 7th. At that time I was informed that posting would not occur for at least a week. Ultimately I was informed that my order shipped on December 12th. I have not yet received delivery but I was given a tracking number for the "Royal" post office.

At this point I'm not holding my breath waiting for delivery.

00evans00

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my Raw on December 2nd and sent Rob an email the next day to find out how long it would take to ship and reach Canada. (I live in BC) He said he would post it by the 9th of December. I ended up receiving mine on December 28th :) but the date on the customs sticker was Dec 16. So really I think it only took 6 business days to reach me as the 24th - 27th were holidays for my post office. I suggest sending a quick email just to confirm when it was actually shipped so as not to create too much worry for yourself. Anyways hope they all arrive soon:laughing:

PS. Love the light. Small and bright.

Delvance

Enlightened
I also recently ordered a raw around the end of december. According to an email i received, they are currently out of tritium vials for the lights (both colours out) so if you ordered a raw and optioned the tritium, they will be getting the vials back in stock on the january 20th, add a few days for packing etc i'm guessing most lights will arrive feb. sometime!

Yup, i'm all itching for mine too mhmmm...light...

magic79

Enlightened
Yippee! It arrived today (ordered Dec. 22)!

This is such a cool light. I ordered the two stage option and glad I did. I'll report more later. :grin2:

Macaw

Enlightened
Please do report later majic79. A couple of beamshots with another popular flashlight would be a very nice addition. Or perhaps a description of the difference between the Orb high beam and another light. I'm curious about how the T bin LEDs perform.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a 1W Raw on the 12th of Dec; I received an e-mail saying it would post on the 20th. On the 20th I sent an e-mail inquiring if it had been shipped, and was told it would post on the 28th. I sent an e-mail on the 30th asking if it had been shipped, but got no response...time will tell if it's been shipped yet, or if it'll ship after the 19th...

PJD

magic79

Enlightened
Macaw said:
Please do report later majic79. A couple of beamshots with another popular flashlight would be a very nice addition. Or perhaps a description of the difference between the Orb high beam and another light. I'm curious about how the T bin LEDs perform.

Arrrrg! My wife has already confiscated the light for her purse! "It's so cute!" she says. This after I bought her a silver Fenix for Christmas!!

I'll still be able to shoot some beamshots.

Just a few minutes evaluation: It's an INCREDIBLY bright light on high! On low, it appears to be about the same brightness as my HDS U60 on the Secondary setting (5 lumens?). The bright setting is just a bit less than my Fenix L1P. i'll have more quantifyable date tomorrow...maybe even a beam shot!

I ordered a second one...for ME...tonight.

Mark

Balefire

Newly Enlightened
magic79 said:
The bright setting is just a bit less than my Fenix L1P.
Mark

The high is not as bright as the L1P? That's strange, the RAW has a T bin vs. an R bin in the L1P, and a better reflector. Going by the numbers, I would have expected the RAW to blow away the L1P (although only for it's short runtime)

Oh well, I'm sure I'll still be happy with my RAW NS.

00evans00

Newly Enlightened
The bright setting is just a bit less than my Fenix L1P

This also surprises me. I have a Q3 and an orb raw and the raw is noticeably brighter than the Q3 even when I run it on rechargeables. The Q3 should be slightly brighter than the L1P on primaries according to flashlightreviews.com. Anyways enjoy the light. Mine sits on my keychain in the included case for now....not quite ready to let it get all scratched up.:)

Macaw

Enlightened
Thanks for the info Mark. I am with balefire on this one. If the L1P does outperform my RAW Ni I will be seriously disappointed. I mean SERIOUSLY! I hope you have an unusually bright Fenix.

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Raw at the end of November and received it just before Christmas. Unfortunately, it had a host of problems (charger didn't work correctly, the light flickered on both levels...) and I ended up sending it back to Rob (as per his suggestion). I really liked the light, but it was nowhere near as bright as I was expecting based on what I've read here and on his site. On low it's about half the brightness of a new ARC AAA-P (which is still very useful by the way) and on high, I would say it was about the same as the 42 lumen level of my HDS (but a lot more floody). Rob seemed to think that I might of had a bad LED. It did run for a solid 20 minutes on high though before it started to dim. I should be getting another light from him when he gets back, hopefully that one will be better.

Praxis

Enlightened
Hmm...now I'm really starting to wonder about my order. I ordered on the 5th of December and it sounds like a few people who ordered later than that have already received their lights. I received an order confirmation, said everything was in stock, but no shipping date notice like some people have posted. I've already tried contacting Rob, but he has auto-reply going with his e-mail so I can't find out anything until he gets back on the 20th (sigh).

Macaw

Enlightened
Praxis: Did you order the RAW or the RAW Ni? None of the Ni lights will be shipped until after the 20th.