thrift spotlight

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good score.
I guess one could say you were in the right spot at the right time.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Ok, I couldn't resist. I went down to Lowe's and picked up one of the small 1MCP ones, since I don't have a small one. Looks like only the 2MCP and 3MCP versions will run off of a car's cigarette lighter. The 2MCP and 3MCP versions are pretty neat. I think there's a 4MCP version too, with dual bulbs, unless that's the 3MCP version. I'm confused.

I wonder what kind of batteries and runtimes these things have, the heavy duty versions were kind of heavy, but have a really nice handlebar on the top for holding. I like that design. Not very big reflectors on these things.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Mine also has the 6V 4.5Ah battery. The bulb is a 55W.

The manual claims a 20 minute runtime, but I think this is a slightly low estimate as my Dorcy 3MCP with 100W bulb runs for a good half hour with its 6V 6Ah battery, unless the Vector's battery is over rated. I'll have to run test it sometime next week. Plan on stuffing this one in my gear bag instead of the Dorcy tomorrow night to save some space and weight.

I guess I never mentioned that it was a Vector I picked up. Anyways, they seem pretty nice.

The manual states to charge it for 20 hours the first time on AC and subsequent charges should be 12-15 hours. The back of the spotlight has some big yellow warning stickers and one of the things it says is to never charge it over 10 hours on AC and 3 hours on DC. Makes no sense..

Mine was $9.97 btw.

Next to my Dorcy, it's actually quite bright. I was impressed. And it's not even charged yet. I wonder how it will compare then.

Last edited: