Stock Magcharger+WA1160=how many lumens?

Bluehinder

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

What is the output of a Mag60, doing nothing but replacing the bulb?

Does a new reflector increase output, or just reshape the beam and improve its quality?

Thanks.

I put one in today, will see it tonight.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Make sure that the Welch~Allyn bulb/lamp is not seated to much with contact on the black plastic part, because it'll start to melt if left on for long periods of time like mine did. I think the WA U-01160 in the MagCharger puts out like 400+ or so Lumens from what I read but can't remember where—I stand to be correct on this. Also there's nothing wrong with the stock metallic lined reflector. The only replacement aluminum reflector that was made for the MagCharger was the one that FiveMega was selling but is now sold out. It was LOP if I'm not mistaken. More for beam improvement that's all. . .You'll get roughly a half hour runtime with this simple "upgrade" as opposed to the 2.5 hours or so with the stock bulb.

Enjoy!

Bluehinder

Newly Enlightened
Lots of lumens!!

Wow, just fired it up with some quality darkness, and this is fantastic. I think this throws farther than my M6, with nearly the same light output.

Not bad for a $5.00 upgrade. This has to be the best deal going, and brain dead simple.

Will a UCL lense improve anything, or is the stock glass lense good enough?:wow:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: Lots of lumens!!

Bluehinder said:
Will a UCL lense improve anything, or is the stock glass lense good enough?:wow:
Technically you should get a few percent more since the UCL is after all "ultra-clear" glass, but I would just leave it alone - it works great as-is ;)

Will

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
It wud depend on the ambient temp where u are usiong the mc60. Where I am with temps of 26-36deg C all year round, no problem. But if the temps go to freezing or below the UCL cud crack.