Banggood Network
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini-HID's

Unenlightened

Default Re: Mini-HID's

Hello again Mac
    Sorry - my fault .
    I copied the wrong email .
    The correct arrangement and payment details are below .
    I have paid you in full via PayPal for :
    (i) one 'modded' Mini Mag HID - pewter colour @ USD$240.00
    (ii) with the fully polished and grooved body as shown as the fifth from the left on your photo on page 1 of this thread @ USD$50.00
    (iii) grooved head @ USD$25.00
    (iii) UCL lens @ USD$7.00
    (iv) via Global Priority Mail @ USD$15.00
    SUBTOTAL = USD$337.00
    (v) plus 4% PayPal surcharge @ USD$13.48
    TOTAL = USD$350.48 .
    I look forward to your advice as to when it will be ready for shipping .
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLev
    Hello Mac
    Thanks for all the information .
    I have paid you in full via PayPal for :
    (i) one 'modded' Mini Mag HID - pewter colour @ USD$240.00
    (ii) with the fully polished and grooved body as shown as the fifth from the left on your photo on page 1 of this thread @ USD$50.00
    (iii) UCL lens @ USD$7.00
    (iv) via Global Priority Mail @ USD$15.00
    SUBTOTAL = USD$312.00
    (v) plus 4% PayPal surcharge @ USD$12.48
    TOTAL = USD$324.48 .
    I look forward to your advice as to when it will be ready for shipping .
    Regards
    My next batch of Lamps and ballasts should be delivered by the end of next week. If no problems arise I should be able to ship out the current Mini orders my next Monday. I do need to see how many battery holders I have remaining.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

Hi Mac - You must long have my payments for the Mini-HID that I've ordered with you. I have not heard from from you yet. I understand that you are very busy, but I would highly appreciate some information on the delivery time or the state of affairs.
    I look very much forward to this light as I believe that the performance will be stunning.
    Jurphaas.
    Have a Bright Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurphaas
    Hi Mac - You must long have my payments for the Mini-HID that I've ordered with you. I have not heard from from you yet. I understand that you are very busy, but I would highly appreciate some information on the delivery time or the state of affairs.
    I look very much forward to this light as I believe that the performance will be stunning.
    Jurphaas.

I have 7 Mini-HID's in progress that will be completed this week, yours included. If you need a status on your light please feel free to PM me.

Mac
    Last edited by cmacclel; 03-14-2006 at 01:37 PM.
    www.macscustoms.com

Flashaholic

I think I will need to get myself one of these soon! Maybe next week!

Looking good cmacclel.

Patrick P.

Unenlightened

Hi Chris
    Thanks !
    The mini-hid has arrived safely .
    Great workmanship ! Well done !
    Prodigious throw for such a small package !
    Thanks again !

Hi Mac - Today I received my Mini-HID and it is just fantastic. The light has TOP looks and is a great performer.
    Thanks for building it for me!
    Jurphaas,
    The Netherlands.
    Have a Bright Day!

are these still available? if so what colors and options are available at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jerude
    are these still available? if so what colors and options are available at this time?
    These lights are built to order. If interested send me a PM and I can try to accomodate you.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Enlightened

Can these take the voltage of two pilas sized lithiums?

Quote Originally Posted by mspyderl
    Can these take the voltage of two pilas sized lithiums?
    You would need 3 pilas. 17mm in a Tri-Bore config.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel
    You would need 3 pilas. 17mm in a Tri-Bore config.

Mac
    Did you ever get a chance to test this config? I remember you mentioned that you were concerned about the juice coming out of the 3xPilas vs. 3xR123s under this load.

I'm still interested in a Pila version myself, hence the question.

-LT
    lunal tic (n)
    a distinctive behavioral trait or quirk directly related to or caused by light [15th cent. Latin lunaris. Ultimately from an IE word meaning “light,”] and [Early 19th cent. Italian ticchio.] see also: moon quirk

Enlightened

Naughty Re: Mini-HID's

I went to the Welch Allyn website and it looks like they offer the 10W Ballasts with different configurations. Here's a copy n paste from the website...

Part # Voltage Current Wattage CCT Lumens Life Efficacy
    B10N001 12.0 0.83 10.0
    10W BALLAST, 12.0 VOLT

B10N002 13.0 0.76 10.0
    10W BALLAST, 12.8-13.2 VOLT

B10N003 14.3 0.69 10.0
    10W BALLAST, 14.1-14.5 VOLT

B10N008 10.2 0.98 10.0
    10W BALLAST, 10.2 VOLT

If this is where you are getting the lamps and ballasts from, I guess all you would have to do is get the appropriate ballast that could sustain the higher voltage of pilas and other RCRs (B10N003 - 14.1-14.5 voltage range). I'm tempted to make a custom flashlight myself but I'm a complete amateur when it comes to fabricating or modding mags and don't have any tools to begin with. At $129 per ballast plus $79 for the lamp for a total of $208 (don't forget shipping and time spent modding) and your offer for $240 is quite a generous offer on your part, a testament to the friendly community here at CPF that I'm proud to be a part of. It's a steal at the price you're offering and although it's out of my price range *at the moment, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks on behalf of all CPFers for your craftmanship and generosity.

I must say your mini HID reminded me of light sabers and im sure many CPFers would agree they are precisely that but I'm hoping in the future I will be able to fabricate myself a mini HID in the form factor of a light saber like the ones on Star Wars (of course it won't be an exact replica... copyright law... that is unless of course I decide to keep it myself ) and I want it to have a very tight beam angle so it just shoots out so that when I hold it in the dark, it'll look like I have a very long light saber . Of course the use of it as a flashlight would be limited to a minimum range as im sure it'll burn anything within 10 feet being a tight beam and it won't be very good for area lighting, but im sure you'll be able to cut the night with it at long distances. I mean im not alone am i? How many CPFers can seriously look at star wars and NOT be amazed with light sabers?! CPFers will lead the way to this technology, im sure of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal_Tic
    Did you ever get a chance to test this config? I remember you mentioned that you were concerned about the juice coming out of the 3xPilas vs. 3xR123s under this load.

I'm still interested in a Pila version myself, hence the question.

-LT

Yes I testes 3 Pila 168a's (18650's) at 1 amp draw the voltage dropped to 11.4v which is an overdrive but the 10.2v ballast handles it fine. Using 17670's the voltage should drop even more.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Yes I testes 3 Pila 168a's (18650's) at 1 amp draw the voltage dropped to 11.4v which is an overdrive but the 10.2v ballast handles it fine. Using 17670's the voltage should drop even more.

Mac
    That sounds good, this is getting better and better. I would have thought the draw would be higher. Maybe it's high on start but drops during operation? What do 4xCR123s drop to with the same test?

-LT
    lunal tic (n)
    a distinctive behavioral trait or quirk directly related to or caused by light [15th cent. Latin lunaris. Ultimately from an IE word meaning “light,”] and [Early 19th cent. Italian ticchio.] see also: moon quirk

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal_Tic
    That sounds good, this is getting better and better. I would have thought the draw would be higher. Maybe it's high on start but drops during operation? What do 4xCR123s drop to with the same test?

-LT

4x cr123's at 1 amp around 10.5v

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ad.php?t=67078

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Enlightened

are these still available to purchase?

Grinser2 Re: Mini-HID's

Do you have anymore, I got enough money now

yup, i'm interested as well - will any more runs be happening soon?

Mac will get back to you soon, please be patient, Thanks!!!!
    Carrying a firearm for self-defense gives you great power. Society expects great responsibility from those with great power.

just a couple quick and dirty shots that don't do the lights justice, but i received my mini-HID in the mail today

Somy Nex

Flashaholic

mac do you have an amondotech HID? if you do could you do outdoor beamshots of that and your mini hid with the same camera settings for a comparison?

edit: also is the switch used waterproof? or atleast dunkable?
    I need to find a cheaper hobby

Quote Originally Posted by jason9987
    mac do you have an amondotech HID? if you do could you do outdoor beamshots of that and your mini hid with the same camera settings for a comparison?

edit: also is the switch used waterproof? or atleast dunkable?

The Amondotech HID would stomp all over a Mini-HID but it should as it's 3000+ Lumens where the Mini-HID is rated for 500 lumens.

The Mini-HID should be the same if not better than a stock mag for being watertight.

I do not have one but may be getting an Amondotech soon.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Enlightened

Please let me know when you plan to do another run of these lights. How would it hold up if it was accidentally dropped or if it got wet. Just want to know how durable it would be out in the "field". I would still probably want to pick one up from you when they are available again.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rusky
    Please let me know when you plan to do another run of these lights. How would it hold up if it was accidentally dropped or if it got wet. Just want to know how durable it would be out in the "field". I would still probably want to pick one up from you when they are available again.
    Thanks

Pm Replied.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Received my Mini Mini HID w/ 3 x R123 setup, very bright and short size. For longer run time the 3 x 17670 setup is better, though about 1" longer. Mac's fit & finish is top rated.
    EagleEye, SFL4,M6,6PD,G2,G3,9P,Kroma MillSpec,Titan, CR2Ion, Mini HID 8AA, Colossus , Torch, Barn Burner, K2000R, Exolion SS & SE, SPY 005&007, Mc Gizmo Lunasol20, Lumencraft V3, Lummi RAW,Wee, Tiablo A9, BR Laser, MagCharger Mod, FM85, EL Mag P7,WOF,

Flashaholic

The Amondotech HID would stomp all over a Mini-HID but it should as it's 3000+ Lumens where the Mini-HID is rated for 500 lumens.

The Mini-HID should be the same if not better than a stock mag for being watertight.

I do not have one but may be getting an Amondotech soon.
    I broke down and bought one; if you want to borrow it, lemme know. Nice light for
    the price.

Quote Originally Posted by rusky
    Pm Replied.

Mac
    If that implies more might be on the way, sign me up!

south of the equator, but north of Antarctica

Soooooo....i was wondering, would i be able to get a blue one around october-ish? it's not for sure, but its just a possibility. i'm trying to decide what to get for my birthday, might get mini-hid, might get something else.

--neg
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.” - Douglas Adams
    | McGizmo KL1/Aleph 1-Cell
    | Mag2D nFlex LuxIII/6AA NiMh Mod (Blue body, white LED) | Mag2C 5761 2x18650 | Luxogen LR12w CR2 3w LED | User 4798 |

Mac,

I'm interested as well, are these still available to purchase?
    If Yes, I want to purchase one.

The posted pictures from Somy Nex did it for me!!

If still available, kindly PM or let me know here.
    Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast