Emilion Workbench Keychain lights and others... constant on?

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of buying a bag of the Emilions Workbench keychain lights -- http://emilionworkshop.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=39

Do they have a constant-on switch? Are there bags of keychain lights I can get at a lower price from an online retailer (ie. not eBay) with a constant-on switch?

As a sidenote, what's the lowest price for shipping to CONUS, specifically New York, from them?

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot wrote: "I'm thinking of buying a bag of the Emilions Workbench keychain lights -- http://emilionworkshop.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=39
Do they have a constant-on switch?
I can get at a lower price from an online retailer (ie. not eBay) with a constant-on switch?"

The ones I got some months ago from Emilion are Photon 2 "clones" -
so they have constant ON switches -
please take a look at these threads -

70cent white LED keychains from Emilion

70cent Color LED keychains from Emilion

I believe Dae at QualityChinaGoods also sells them.....

Yooper

Enlightened
Emilion seems to have the least expensive version at 40 cents each in quantity, but if you dont' need 50, lighthound has similar ones for 99 cents. They both have momentary and constant on switches.

Another option is countycomm, which are constant on slide switches, $1 each, I don't think they are as nice.

Amadeus93

Newly Enlightened
I got the bag o'100 keychain lights from Emilion (white LED, different color bodies) - how do I make it stay on? It only seems to be momentary - am I missing something?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amadeus93 said:
I got the bag o'100 keychain lights from Emilion (white LED, different color bodies) - how do I make it stay on? It only seems to be momentary - am I missing something?

Yes, your (sic) possibly missing something. It's right their (sic) in the picture on this page shows you where to look for the switch.
(I read your sig. )

Yooper

Enlightened
Amadeus93 said:

See the little square peg? Put your fingernail in front of it and pull it back and it will click on and stay on. Push it forward to turn it off. This mechanical switching of constant on vs. momentary is IMO MUCH superior to having to cycle through the modes and/or reprogram the light every time you want to use it. I want either momentary or constant on, and I want to choose NOW. It's a Good Thing. :D

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonman007 said:
Are these Emilion keychain lights exactly the same as those sold by lighthound?
Ditto.
I bought a dozen or so lights from somebody a few months ago. They are nice but the lighthound is far, far brighter.

Yooper

Enlightened
I just got a lighthound keychain today and is much brighter and whiter than my KevinL 35K keychain light. The lighthound went on my keychain and the KevinL went in the drawer as a spare...

Haz

Enlightened
Yooper said:
I just got a lighthound keychain today and is much brighter and whiter than my KevinL 35K keychain light. The lighthound went on my keychain and the KevinL went in the drawer as a spare...

Very interesting, i wonder why it is the case. I have some keychain light, which was much brighter, when i upgraded to the 35k led. It was about the same brightness as the Photon Freedom x2 led. So Lighthounds one are even brighter, wonder is it due to an even better LED, or due to the batteries. The upgraded keychain i have uses generic batteries, whereas the Photon uses Energizer.

Yooper

Enlightened
I guess it could be a battery thing. I have 3 KevinL lights, so I just went and checked on the others - all three are very close in color and brightness and all three are dimmer and bluer than this lighthound, but there was a little variation. The color difference is striking. Here, I'll do a beamshot!.....lighthound on the left, KevinL 35K on the right...

keychainbs.jpg

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I got a free keychain light from lighthound with an order and it is sooo bright compared to my others. I was going to order a batch from lighthound until I heard about the Emilion ones. So does anyone have experience with both types? and if so are they the same brightness etc?

revv11

Newly Enlightened
jonman007 said:
Yeah I got a free keychain light from lighthound with an order and it is sooo bright compared to my others. I was going to order a batch from lighthound until I heard about the Emilion ones. So does anyone have experience with both types? and if so are they the same brightness etc?

I have both types. Lighthound sent me a couple and I really liked them. So I bought a bunch for Christmas stocking stuffers from Emillion. They are about the same if not identical. A friend spotted my Emillion light and said "Hey, where'd you get that?" He ended up buying over 400 from Emillion as giveaways. It is cheaper to buy this light than buy a set of batteries for it. You just can't beat the price and the little guys are very bright.

paulr

Flashaholic
Can someone who's bought the large packs of Emilion lights describe how they are packaged? Just loose, or in individual little baggies like the Countycomm lights?

Fwiw, I just bought a bunch of the Shenzen lights (Dae's) (may or may not be the same as Emilion's) and the constant-on switches are quite hard to operate. Also, they were loose packed vs a previous box of lights I'd bought that were individually bagged. They were still a good value at around 60 cents each shipped from China. I have one in the closet now, still lit (though very dim) after running for five days nonstop.

Amadeus93

Newly Enlightened
I bought 100, and each one came in an individual baggie, and then they were bundled in larger bags, grouped by color (blue, green and white in one, clear, black and yellow in another, etc.)

revv11

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
Can someone who's bought the large packs of Emilion lights describe how they are packaged? Just loose, or in individual little baggies like the Countycomm lights?

Fwiw, I just bought a bunch of the Shenzen lights (Dae's) (may or may not be the same as Emilion's) and the constant-on switches are quite hard to operate. Also, they were loose packed vs a previous box of lights I'd bought that were individually bagged. They were still a good value at around 60 cents each shipped from China. I have one in the closet now, still lit (though very dim) after running for five days nonstop.

"five days nonstop" Wow, I had no idea they would last over 100 hours!

paulr

Flashaholic
Oops, my math was off, it was actually four days (test started 2006-01-08 at 2230). But now it's been close to five days and the thing is still lit. It's more like an indicator light than a flashlight, but you can find your way around a room with it if you're pretty well dark-adapted. As a flashlight it's ok (CMG Infinity level or better) for maybe 8 hours.