Event industry? LED's ? HELLO!!!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
I am at a trade show in dallas texas for event and production designers. I am amazed at the very little exposure LED technology is receiving in our industry. (Party and event design) LED techology is the answer to a so many of the long-term problems of event lighting design- we all know it. The majority of the vendors are showing the product as a party-favor or such- a sparkly lapel pin, or such-REDICULOUS. The only real knowledge they will gain is when they look at that same lapel pin THREE DAYS LATER and it is still glowing brightly! I have one particular light fixture we use regularily- it is called an "OptiPar" this light gives incredible brightness and throw- it draws 575 watts per fixture. The LED version of this light would be in the neighborhood of 25 watts per fixture. Out of all the insignificant "NEW PRODUCTS" on the show floor I would think that this would certainly be a highlight.....

It's not too late to capitalize on our market......

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring a few 5W Luxeons - colored Luxeons - and introduce them to the magic of high powered, high flux LEDs.

While I have quite a substantial amount of faith in LED based technology, I still don't quite think they are ready to replace 600W incandescent assemblies yet, especially not for a power drain of 25W, unless the 600W is tremendously inefficient.

Red/green/blue LED arrays are nice for selectable colors though.