UV lights?

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened
I need a light that produces UV-A. I'm not sure if this is a special wavelenth or what. I need it so I can spot cure Solarez UV cure fiberglass resin indoors during the winter and at night. I've been told that "tanning" lights produce UV-A but I have no idea where to find such a thing.

Thanks,
Prototype3a

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
Prototype3a said:
I need a light that produces UV-A. I'm not sure if this is a special wavelenth or what. I need it so I can spot cure Solarez UV cure fiberglass resin indoors during the winter and at night. I've been told that "tanning" lights produce UV-A but I have no idea where to find such a thing.

Thanks,
Prototype3a

Which wavelength requirement do they specify? I believe 365nm to 400nm will "spark" the photopolymerization process, depending on the epoxy etc.

Piers!

Last edited:

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened
I did some googling and learned "The UVA range is wavelengths from 315-400 nanometers. Shorter UVA wavelengths from 315-345nm are used for sunning." So I suppose anything that produces a lot of light in the 315-345 range should work nicely. If you look at their site it just says UVA and tanning lights. :-/